Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: SPV2 - FLM Chassis Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 08:06 AM   #261
Rock Crawler

Just ordered one from Holmes. I had Edge chassis, hated the extra weight up top, looked cool but rollovers all over. I wanted lots of adjustability. Now I want those lockers and sliders.
phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #262
Rock Crawler

Just got my setup today. I had to go back and copy a few layouts in order to get the links right.

Finally solved all my problems. Now I need a smaller dig servo, my 645mg is just too big and heavy. 21.5 brushless should be here tommorrow, along with 2 stage proline foams.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #263
Rock Crawler

Got all my parts in, went for a trail run on the parkway. Its a dream to drive compared to the top heavy edge chassis I had before. I feel like I have more time to catch the truck when its about to roll over.

I need a better set of shocks, any suggestions? The stock shocks in droop work great for me, but they are literally spraying oil all over the place. I was wanting the losi set, then the proline scaler shocks came out along with the axial all aluminum comp shocks and the axial scaler shocks. I still like the price of the losi set, thinking about running those in droop. I saw a few in the thread had them mounted up with springs, anyone running them without external springs? Pics?
Old 08-17-2009, 09:05 AM   #264
Rock Crawler

RC4WD 110mm comp shocks work great!!! You'll love them. I think you can also get them at TeamGoNads

http://www.teamgonads.com/crawlers.html

http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/product_...roducts_id=621
minor_threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #265
Rock Crawler

I am running the Losi's but the new Axial Competition shocks look promising.

The build is looking good.
stampedeproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:50 AM   #266
Rock Crawler

I liked the look of the axial comp shocks, I am torn between the axial comps, proline or losi. i think the prolines look the best without springs.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:55 AM   #267
Rock Crawler

i don't believe it's about looks. bling doesn't win ya comps. the rc4wd have only one end that comes off, not two. thicker o-rings, deeper threads and function great in droop and sprung...just my .02 cents.
minor_threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #268
Rock Crawler

I didn't really mean bling, they 'look' like a good shock. I want stuff that works haha. I didn't notice at first glance that the top eye is part of the shock.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:44 PM   #269
Quarry Creeper

I don't have one yet, but I will very soon! Tony, excellent job man, really!

Any word from HR yet?
Chadworkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:14 AM   #270
Rock Crawler

Has anyone tried a narrow skid with these plates? Will the axial transmission clear?
Old 09-15-2009, 09:57 AM   #271
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyb View Post
Has anyone tried a narrow skid with these plates? Will the axial transmission clear?
You have about 1/8" to play with before there is transmission interferenceor before you need to narrow the motor mount. I was going to do skinnier version, but due to rules on the bodiless vehicles, it didn't make sense.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #272

Love my SPV2, but havin a bit of a problem with the front shocks hitting the chassis just before full articulation.. tried everything and this is about as good as I can get it.. Great value chassis tho.

Sicklz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:55 PM   #273
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicklz View Post
Love my SPV2, but havin a bit of a problem with the front shocks hitting the chassis just before full articulation.. tried everything and this is about as good as I can get it.. Great value chassis tho.

Looks awesome. I bent the front nose in widened the front holes a bit and used a Axial 55mm spacer. Gives plenty of room for shock movement.

FYI - all sorry I have been absent for a while. Started a new gig in Chicago back in September... still waiting for house to sell in Omaha and been spending all my time working or traveling back and forth from Omaha to Chicago... and selling rigs on ebay to get ready for a potential move.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:07 PM   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampedeproject View Post
Looks awesome. I bent the front nose in widened the front holes a bit and used a Axial 55mm spacer. Gives plenty of room for shock movement.

FYI - all sorry I have been absent for a while. Started a new gig in Chicago back in September... still waiting for house to sell in Omaha and been spending all my time working or traveling back and forth from Omaha to Chicago... and selling rigs on ebay to get ready for a potential move.
Sweet Home Chicago.. I love it here! Do you happen to have a photo of your front shock fix? Also, where did you end up fixing the shock on the axle? Thanks for the help...
Old 05-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #275
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Sweet Home Chicago.. I love it here! Do you happen to have a photo of your front shock fix? Also, where did you end up fixing the shock on the axle? Thanks for the help...

Here is the nose fix.
http://stampedeproject.com/SPV2-Hard...ler/index.html

Shock placement really depends on the shocks you are using. Most of the time I ran mine high on the posts toward the rear.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampedeproject View Post
Here is the nose fix.
http://stampedeproject.com/SPV2-Hard...ler/index.html

Shock placement really depends on the shocks you are using. Most of the time I ran mine high on the posts toward the rear.
Awesome. Ive been toying with the idea of bending the chassis, but nerves tend to get the better of me! Also, I looked through FLM's website but couldnt find 55mm spacers for sale.. any ideas? just need one.. Or would you recommend cutting down one of my extra 81mm's? Thanks again.. wicked chassis.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #277
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Awesome. Ive been toying with the idea of bending the chassis, but nerves tend to get the better of me! Also, I looked through FLM's website but couldnt find 55mm spacers for sale.. any ideas? just need one.. Or would you recommend cutting down one of my extra 81mm's? Thanks again.. wicked chassis.
I would use a 55mm Axial spacer... one of the standard ones.