Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: SPV2 - FLM Chassis Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2008, 12:19 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Are you a vendor here? That thing looks great!
Dr. Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2008, 01:58 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Thunder View Post
Are you a vendor here? That thing looks great!
Nope - but according to the above post Holmes is picking up some for sale.

-------
Here is the Marketing Fluff I wrote for FLM

FLM's SPV1-81 & SPV2-81 Rock Crawler Chassis – For AX10 & Other Driveshaft Crawlers

This super light and durable 81mm spacer width chassis is specifically designed as a direct bodiless stock chassis replacement for the Axial Scorpion AX10 using the stock skid plate. The chassis also works great for anyone doing a custom HPI Wheelie King, or Tamiya TXT/TLT rock Crawler build. The milled 81mm chassis spacers are drilled, tapped and ready for your body panels or scale accessories to be mounted. Both the SPV1-81 and SPV2-81 chassis will accommodate Axial, Losi Crawler, EMaxx and other similar rock crawler shocks in both sprung and droop crawler suspension configurations. For those wanting the ultimate in mounting flexibility, the SPV1-81's extra tuning holes will provide the customer crawler builder nearly unlimited tuning options. This chassis conforms to the 2008 USRCCA chassis rules for competition with required hood, roof and door body panels (not included) installed. The SPV1 and SPV2 chassis are StampedeProject.com designs.

Approximate Weight 5oz.

SPV1-81 & SPV2-81 Chassis Include:
Chassis plates
Seven (7) – 81mm Milled Chassis Spacers
Fourteen (14) – 3mm Machine Screws
Four (4) – Milled Shock Mount Offsets

FLM's SPV1-55 & SPV2-55 Rock Crawler Chassis – For 2.2 Class Berg & Clod Crawlers

This super light and durable 55mm spacer width chassis is specifically designed as a direct bodiless chassis for Berg and Tamiya Clodbuster style rock crawler builds. The milled 55mm chassis spacers are drilled, tapped and ready for your body panels or scale accessories to be mounted. Both the SPV1-55 and SPV2-55 chassis will accommodate Axial, Losi Crawler, EMaxx and other similar rock crawler shocks in both sprung and droop crawler suspension configurations. For those wanting the ultimate in mounting flexibility, the SPV1-55's extra tuning holes will provide the customer crawler builder nearly unlimited tuning options. With the included 8mm body panels spacers installed and required hood, roof and door body panels (no included), this chassis conforms to the 2008 USRCCA chassis rules for competition. The SPV1 and SPV2 chassis are StampedeProject.com designs.

Approximate Weight 5oz.

SPV1-55 & SPV2-55 Chassis Include:
Chassis plates
Seven (7) – 55mm Milled Chassis Spacers
Fourteen (14) – 3mm Machine Screws
Four (4) – Milled Shock Mount Offsets
Four (4) – 8mm Milled Body Panel Offsets
stampedeproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #23

How much and where can I get one.
Hopuprtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:42 PM   #24

just to add my 2 cents i'm interested in the ax10 narrow version.
puba187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:16 AM   #25
RCC Addict

looks good..... post up links and price when someone gets them in stock!
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:16 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

I will try to walk through an build install using an Axial RTR hopefully this weekend. so everyone knows the chassis difference.

FLM has them on their site now and I was told Holmes should have some pretty quick.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:32 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Just got back and settled in from Moab, and I was very happy with how my rig performed! I like the design and chassis enough that I will be picking up 10 of the first run to sell, and we can get them made in any way you guys want. The question is which version would be preferred? Do you guys want the Holey Universal style, or the v2 comp style? This pic compares the two.

I just can't say how much I love the look of this chassis! It is also a very easy build. I had the v2 made to accept both AX10 geometry link setups and allow longer link setups for guys that want to tweak the anti-squat characteristics of the rig. Here is a pic of mine at Moab. Notice the boat sided panels supported by 15mm standoffs at the lower window line.
JRH, count me in for one of those v2, Axial width.

I like the upper link holes that the v2 has over the holey, for the equal-length link set-up and the control of AS. Let us know when they're ready to order.
Phatmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:22 PM   #28
2006 2.2 National Champ

Looking good Tony.

Always nice to see a new twist on chassis designs. I checked out JRH's rig at nats, very clean.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:45 PM   #29
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by turner3123 View Post
Im just tickled to see this. Not too long ago I found a similar chassis, I think they called it a ?hybrid?,in the photo archive. Its perfect for the person like me who doesnt like the plastic bodies but hasn't the skill to braze a tuber. It has such clean lines, I just love it. Nice job. Hope it goes over with great success. I'll be lookin forward to buying one.
im with this guy i like the look of it and i would like some links to where i can get one i want the less holey one for a ax10
whitetshirtguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 01:27 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetshirtguy View Post
im with this guy i like the look of it and i would like some links to where i can get one i want the less holey one for a ax10
http://www.fastlanemachine.com/PublicPortal/
Old 09-13-2008, 01:42 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Oh and anyone got the weight of each of the chassis??
Old 09-13-2008, 02:08 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
Looking good Tony.

Always nice to see a new twist on chassis designs. I checked out JRH's rig at nats, very clean.
Thanks for keeping it under you hat during development. Too bad you have that kick ass comp chassis, otherwise I would lovingly encourage you to use the SPV2. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Oh and anyone got the weight of each of the chassis??
About 5oz.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:04 AM   #33
Rock Crawler

Want to run a droop suspension setup - either chassis has the holes for you.

THE RTR BUILD
Just to assure everything was lined up I picked up a Axial RTR and simply swapped out the stock chassis with the SPV2-81 (the less holey standard chassis with Axial width chassis spacers). I forsee a rock racer build in my future.

Last edited by stampedeproject; 09-14-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:49 PM   #34

wow !! awesome.ill take 2 (long n short):-P
pantherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Been following this thread with great interest. I see unlimited potential, topped off with a very reasonable price.

I will be in line for this upgrade...
Prostreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:46 AM   #36

Post just a heads up

I just got off of the phone with the guy from www.addicted2rc.com and he said he would get some in and hopefully have them on the site by tonight. He is very close to flm and will honor their discount policy for service personel so send the dude an e-mail and let him know which ones to get in stock. He will get ya taken care of.
puba187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:17 PM   #37

You so insired me I had to get to work on something this wknd.http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135847

Last edited by turner3123; 09-15-2008 at 10:43 PM.
turner3123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:36 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

Nice work.

Man I just love to see people fabricating. It's what this segment was founded on.

Cut some holes in that thing and you are golden.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:09 AM   #39
RCC Addict

Really thinking of picking this chassis to try on my comp rig (stuck between this, slingshot and a certain tube chassis)...... have you fit a R2D in there with a servo???? Wondering if it clears that lower windshield bar, not like I cant just relocate it
Old 09-16-2008, 07:03 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Really thinking of picking this chassis to try on my comp rig (stuck between this, slingshot and a certain tube chassis)...... have you fit a R2D in there with a servo???? Wondering if it clears that lower windshield bar, not like I cant just relocate it
3 3/8" from the top of the stock skid/tranny plate to the bottom of the roof brace
2" from the top of the stock skid/tranny plate to the bottom of the hood/ lower windshield brace.

I was planning on doing a mount something like this. Still working on the design. The holes are definitely there for mounting.