Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Stock Shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 06:43 AM   #1

Default Stock Shocks

So I'm perfectly happy with the performance of my stock shocks except one thing. The shock caps snap off the shock on impact. They don't seem to strip out. The threads are fine, the parts are intact. I screw them back on but next impact they pop off again. So I looked at aluminum bodies but they don't have aluminum caps. Any suggestions? Anyone else experience the same thing? I've looked at replacements but noting seems to be an exact replacement.
SloppyDogDrool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2008, 07:49 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

This is a common problem with the stock shocks. Even though I have not had any problems with mine YET if you read through here enough it happens a lot. The only to fix it is to get different shocks.
tk5028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:59 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Maybe too much oil in shock!
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:16 AM   #4

make sure the cap end of the shock isnt contacting the chassis when its all flexed out, mine was hitting the chassis and all it took was a 1/4" spacer to fix it.
Texas_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:42 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I have heard teflon tape helps, but I used a trash can as the fix for mine. If you hunt on ebay you can get 8 t maxx shocks for about $40, or revo shocks for $23 ( I just used buy it now for a set of 4 last night)

Last edited by tedmales; 09-14-2008 at 02:03 PM.
tedmales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

if your lookin into getting new shocks then i recoment the Hot Racing aluminum shocks from CKRC. ive got those and i love them.
jpcherokeekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_TJ View Post
make sure the cap end of the shock isnt contacting the chassis when its all flexed out, mine was hitting the chassis and all it took was a 1/4" spacer to fix it.
That, and when I got mine the top seals were mis-installed by the original builder, he put them on the bottom of the threads on the body instead of grooved area in the cap Once I put fresh seals in the caps and refilled them, they've worked fine ever since
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:51 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

my stock shocks suck there leaky cap has pop off once.tedmales has the fix im going to try these. anybody running them? looking for comments on them.3racing makes them.
Attached Images

hardhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Personally I'm a big fan of the Losi shocks. But, if you are really happy where your shocks are at, you can always apply a dab of super glue to the threads and help hold the caps on. Just make sure it isn't enough that you can't ever get the caps off again, because you're eventually gonna mess with your setup, and have to change the oil/valving/etc in your shocks. That's a quick and easy fix, I prefer going with something made right to begin with though ;)
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:48 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I like the stock shocks but I just purchased the losi shocks anyway and guess what, I still like the stock shocks. Put some teflon tape on the threads to help keep them on and stop leaking. But most importantly, cycle your suspension to make sure nothing is hitting them that is leveraging the cap off.
mulepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:53 AM   #11
RCC Addict

about 2-3 layers of teflon tape should fix the leak

as for aluminum caps. i think the traxxas big bore aluminum shock caps fit
but imo i prefer plastic caps over aluminum
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote