Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: newbie Question About LIPO Batteries

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default newbie Question About LIPO Batteries

I bought the Futaba 2PL 2-Channel AM/1 S3003/MC230CR ESC and Integy V11 45T with my Axial ARTR as it was in my price range and something to start with and I already had some budget 7.2 NiMH batteries from previous toys. Now that I have been out wheeln' with a few guys they have suggest updating to take a lipo battery as the are lighter, smaller and last longer. I have read the manual and tried doing searches for more info on the Futaba receiver and ESC to see if it can take a LIPO battery but I cannot find anything.

Does anyone know if you can or is there something I can use to allow the lipo battery to be used or what should I upgrade to. If I am to upgrade I only want a 3 channel controller.

Thanks in advance for the advise.

James
prontozuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2008, 08:52 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Well James, first off, this thread is gonna get moved... Secondly, look in the electronics section near the top, there are some stickied threads that have a lot of good info on Lipo batteries/setups/etc. Read up on all that and take heed to the warnings on what people say about over discharging the batteries because they are very real..
HomerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:28 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the heads up HomerJ about the battery discharge issue. And I missed that section of the forum. I will have good read. I have heard something about the Lipo exploding (not sure that is true as I have not witnessed it myself) maybe I should just make up my MiMH packs around over the rear diff and front servo.

Thanks Again James
prontozuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:08 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Lipos dont explode. There is a link in my signature to some helpfull tips. Dont go lipo for the sake of going lipo. I get all the free batteries I can handle and I dont use lipos.... on my crawlers.
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:02 PM   #5

Right, lipos dont EXPLODE but they can catch fire quite abruptly if charged or discharged improperly. Wanna see one BLOW go to youtube and search 'lipo fire'.
turner3123 is offline   Reply With Quote