Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Scale crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #1

Default Scale crawlers

I am thinking about making my comp crawler a scale rig will it be good on the rocks or not thanks.
Hopuprtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopuprtr View Post
I am thinking about making my comp crawler a scale rig will it be good on the rocks or not thanks.
There's a lot of different ways to do this.... You should give us a little more info about what you want to do, what you want to do it with.... or better yet... try the search feature
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:38 PM   #3

What I want to do is have a comp crawler but a scale GMC serira 1500. The chassis will be a X-Trail with the Novak goat system, and the axial AX-10 kit so basically I want to know is are scale rigs able to be comp rig thanks.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:29 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Some consider mine a scaler but I built is purposefully as a comp truck. It just happens to be more realistic than others.

Comp tuber

I'm still ironing things out but I got 5th in my last comp with a 15. I scored only 2 penalty points in the last 2 courses combined so yah, I feel it's pretty competitive.
Metal Masher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:18 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

i did the same thing about a month ago and ended up switching mine back to the comp rig. dont get me wrong i love scalers and i will finish rebuilding mine when money starts coming in but i would say to leave your comp rig alone and just build a seperate scaler. i think you will enjoy the both of them more than just one. i have the x trail chassie and i love it for being a scaler but i dont think its a comp worthy chassie, its too tall even with full droop. i kept rolling mine at the comp i went to with it, lots of off camber climbs.

It can be made into a comp worthy rig but you have to spend a lot more time to find a setup that works for you.

Last edited by jpcherokeekid; 09-16-2008 at 09:21 AM.
jpcherokeekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:35 PM   #6

Okay thanks