Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: A couple questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 10:51 PM   #1

Default A couple questions

Been into RC for a few years but slowly lost interest and threw my 1/10 ST in storage. Bring it out every now and then, but Im looking at getting the AX-10 in a few days.

Im thinking the ARTR and I have a few questions.

I have a Futaba 2PL and a Duratrax Intellispeed 12T reversible ESC that I will use so those electronics are taken care of.

Regarding the servo, what do you recommend? I want something that will last me for a while while holding up to abuse. Im in the desert twice a month on average so the truck will get used in the rocks a lot.

And what do you recommend on a motor? Im going brushed and want to be cost conscious.

Also regarding the truck itself. How do I know which body I will get? What color will the anodizing be? And lastly where have you guys seen the lowest prices?

Last edited by .CAL.Photo.; 10-09-2008 at 10:53 PM.
.CAL.Photo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2008, 11:51 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by .CAL.Photo. View Post
Been into RC for a few years but slowly lost interest and threw my 1/10 ST in storage. Bring it out every now and then, but Im looking at getting the AX-10 in a few days.

Im thinking the ARTR and I have a few questions.

I have a Futaba 2PL and a Duratrax Intellispeed 12T reversible ESC that I will use so those electronics are taken care of.

Regarding the servo, what do you recommend? I want something that will last me for a while while holding up to abuse. Im in the desert twice a month on average so the truck will get used in the rocks a lot.

And what do you recommend on a motor? Im going brushed and want to be cost conscious.

Also regarding the truck itself. How do I know which body I will get? What color will the anodizing be? And lastly where have you guys seen the lowest prices?
i think lowest prices i have seen are on http://www.tcscrawlers.com/ i think thats where i have seen a the lowest price on the kit artr im not sure... the artr are orange anodized and the body is the truggy body and that is orange, as far as a brushed moter i have been running a integy 55t i like the little bit of speen behind it. and i have run a 75t too and the torque is awesome but your missing some wheel spin. and both those moters are $20 each. and im running a intellispeed esc too 16Tworks great, for a servo i have been running stock high torque spectrum servo.. and i run mine on the rocks every day havent had a problem. and i thrash it but lots of people are running the hi tec i think its just a high torque i think thats what they are running, hey any more questions? just message me on here.
93'wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

For the servo if you want to go low cost but with good performance I would recommend the Hitech 645MG at around $29

If you want to go with even higher performance I would recommend the Hitech 5955 or the new 7955 at a little over $100.

I have been running a 645 in mine and running local comps with no steering issues. I will be upgrading it next spring though to a 7955.
KvilleKrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:14 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I would go with either an Integy 45t or 55t motor. As for the servo either a Hitec 645mg or for a little more you can get a Hitec 5645. I would recomend the 5645, it has more toque and not to exspensive. Everythin is orange and your gear will work just fine! Welcome to the slow side of the hobbie!
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote