Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Hank's Betty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 02:08 PM   #201
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Riccardi View Post
Hank is running a cheep 45 turn motor right now with I think a 13tooth pinion and a stock spur.

He prefers his 35turn HH motor with a 15tooth pinion, but I just sent it back to HH because of some issues that I may have caused.
Wow such low gearing. I was running 87/20 with the 55turn and that was lacking. So I'm trying out the 35turn tekin provided with the same 87/20 combo. For some reason, I really want to ba able to squirt this thing over gaps. If it can't make a climb I'l ltry a 14 tooth pinion and see how it goes. Egressor showed me some dyno numbes of a handwound 35turn and I imagine your HH 35turn must have had alot of get up an go compared to the 45turn you are using now.

Last edited by TSK; 07-08-2009 at 01:20 AM.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #202
Quarry Creeper

With the 35turn it was almost 2 fast. Almost.
K Riccardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #203
Quarry Creeper

Here are some pix of todays setup. What do you think.

Hank is looking fo another body. He is looking for one about the same shape as the Venom Creeper body that he uses now. Any ideas?

Last edited by K Riccardi; 07-09-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #204
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Here are some pix of todays setup. What do you think.

Hank is looking fo another body. He is looking for one about the same shape as the Venom Creeper body that he uses now. Any ideas?
I saw you post somewhere that Hank was having some torque twist issues. It looks like you have a decent amount of anti squuat dialed in to the rear with te uppers mounted so low on chassis end. I would try adding more by going over the top of the 4 link plate. Aldo have you shortened you lower links at all? Cause mine were a little long to start with so I used spacers on the skid to move the links closer together to triangulated them more. This could help also.

Regarding the body, have you seen the new Pro-Line's rock crawler version of the Crowd Pleazer. Look kind of stadium truck ish, but it's got a nice sloped rear section that looks like it can get slung low over everything.

Also, hw much weight are you running in your wheels?
Old 07-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #205
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
I saw you post somewhere that Hank was having some torque twist issues. It looks like you have a decent amount of anti squuat dialed in to the rear with te uppers mounted so low on chassis end. I would try adding more by going over the top of the 4 link plate. Aldo have you shortened you lower links at all? Cause mine were a little long to start with so I used spacers on the skid to move the links closer together to triangulated them more. This could help also.

Regarding the body, have you seen the new Pro-Line's rock crawler version of the Crowd Pleazer. Look kind of stadium truck ish, but it's got a nice sloped rear section that looks like it can get slung low over everything.

Also, hw much weight are you running in your wheels?
I have moved the rears in closer to the pinion, if that makes seance. So you think moving the upper link chassis mount lower on the chassis would help? I am not quite ready to move them on top of the 4 link mount.

Hank and I have seen the pro-line body and we are not quite sold on it yet. He has his eye on a XC-1.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:46 PM   #206
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
I have moved the rears in closer to the pinion, if that makes seance. So you think moving the upper link chassis mount lower on the chassis would help? I am not quite ready to move them on top of the 4 link mount.

Hank and I have seen the pro-line body and we are not quite sold on it yet. He has his eye on a XC-1.
The XC-1 is a winner.

And from what I understand of anti-squat geometrym when viewed from the side, the closer the lowers and uppers are on the chassis send, and the further apart they are on the axle end, will increase anti-squat.

And as far as triangulating the lowers, this is how I did it.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #207
Got Rocks?

Quote:
What do you think.
I think it looks like poo

If Hank is interested in an XC1 body give me a call...
junkxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:53 AM   #208
Quarry Creeper

Thanks JunksoldhisscalerbecauseheisgayXJ Hank always appreciate your constructive criticism.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #209
RCC Addict

All work and no play makes Hank a dull boy! Get the new body and get after it!
meffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #210

Been fun reading up on this build. Good info and entertainment.

Nick
nhopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #211

Default hanks sexuallity ?

Hi ,loved the posts as mentioned before i have been wondering how Hank is feeling right now he seems to spend a hell of a lot of time with his car and seems to be a bit of a loner! do you think he might be errrr you know with those tight clothes and the handle bar mustache (very Village People) .. Any way i don't want to go pointing the finger or anything I'm also not homophobic just be nice to clear up the issue I'm sure the whole crawling family who have followed Hank and his fine tuning skills would sleep better if they found he was dating or something
cheers Worried
Ps i also hear through contacts Dr Phil is interested in chatting so don't be surprised if you get a call from the Oprah network

Last edited by deflated ego; 07-28-2009 at 04:32 AM.
deflated ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #212
RCC Addict

LOLOLOLOL. Great stuff here. keep it up
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #213
Quarry Creeper

Hank got his HH35 turn back from JRH and it is better than ever. Hank did decide to make some changes when he put the motor back in. 16tooth pinion and he robed the slipper off of my daughters rig. Still plenty of low end torque and the wheel speed is hard to beat.

I can not get over how light and durable the SSS chassis is. Hank has become quite abuse on the truck, hence the decision to put the slipper on the rig.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #214

Default Hanks Shop

I thought hank was a bit of a Noob mechanic until the other day, whilst driving down town i see he has his own workshop, or i thought it was his any way.
deflated ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:15 PM   #215
Quarry Creeper

Thats Hanks place alright. He does not like to talk about it on the forum. I just think he does not want to buy a blue star.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #216
Quarry Creeper

Hank just got 2 of these battery's and for the money they are not bad. They did take for ever to show up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-3-Cell-Li-Po...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 09-21-2009, 05:45 AM   #217
Quarry Creeper

Hank let me use his rig for the latest WWW.MDRCCRAWLERS.COM Comp. May not have been my best comp but was definitely my luckiest.

Another first place finish for Hanks rig.

Thanks Youngblood for going MOA.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:06 AM   #218
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks Youngblood for going MOA.

youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:28 AM   #219
RCC Addict

Let me be the first to say congratulations to You and Hank on winning the 2009 MDRCC series championship yesterday. You guys did a stellar job building and maintaing that rig over the last year!

youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:45 PM   #220
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
Let me be the first to say congratulations to You and Hank on winning the 2009 MDRCC series championship yesterday. You guys did a stellar job building and maintaing that rig over the last year!

Thank You. Hanks rig had a great season. We only had 3 problems with the truck in 8 comps. (broke a ton of stuff while practicing)

Silly dig issues that I blame on Hank. (No big deal)

Loose wire pulled out of transmitter. (Cost us first place)

One broke CVD pin. (no big deal but will no longer run them)

All in all the truck works great. I made a bunch of dumb designations during the comps and I think I have learned something new at every comp.

I fully plan to run Hanks rig in MDRCC winter and summer 2010 series.