Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Metal Rod Ends

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #1

Default Metal Rod Ends

I just received these metal rod ends http://www.rcrockcrawling.com/produc...roducts_id=259 to use on my lower links because the plastic ones keep popping off.

I noticed that they are a fair bit longer than the stock ones so will change the geometry of the suspension drastically. Has anyone used these on their AX10? If so, did you modify anything to get them to work properly? Like extending the upper links or relocating links etc???
JoeSay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Thyey will raise your belly clearance. I run them on a droop setup for this reason. You will have to decide if you like them or not. They are made by RC4WD and you can get shorter ones. You can also use the Traxxas rod ends made for the revo shocks. They do not break.
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #3
20K Club

Using those links will extend your wheelbase and push you outside of competition specs.

IF that is something you are not worried about then you can try using some longer rod ends on the top or make new links yourself.

There are many solutions to your problem you just have to do a little thinking.

Or just buy all new rod ends. Even in heavy competition I have never had problems with Traxxas max ends "popping off". You may have a deeper problem in your setup.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:39 PM   #4

They pop off when I tumble end over end down a 2 storey shale hill. So it's not the crawling that does it, it's the 20 foot fall with a sudden stop at the end

Yes, I noticed that they extended the wheel base alot - I think I will have to modify my links to make them fit. Because I crawl where I can't climb, My rig will take a tumble or two, so I want to get these links as strong as possible.

Cheers
JoeSay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:34 AM   #5

Hmmm, wonder that will give next?
HeliosCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Don't buy new ones... Measure how much thread is on the aluminum rod end then compare the length from the plastic rod end to the aluminum one. If you have enough thread left over, file down the base of the aluminum rod end to the exact length. You caould also re-measure the links, cut, drill and tap for a new 3mm set screw.
sierradmax is offline   Reply With Quote