Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: A flip to the tranny flip. Can it be done????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #1

Default A flip to the tranny flip. Can it be done????

So I bought a dig from Hot Racing and I am having an issue with my Chassis. It is one that I made my self. It fits so tight around the motor that it is not possible toflip the tranny for the install of the dig. I am not apposed to making a new chassis. Now that I have done it once there are some things I would do differently. My question is. Can't I just turn the body around (4 wheel steering) and change the polarity to the Rooster ESC? I mean it will be a little more work than that such as rewiring the Rx for proper channel, changing the tires front to back, whieght distribution, ect. ect. But in effect that is what I would be doing. Is there a down side to this?

I am always trying to find the easy way out.
torque monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2008, 08:38 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Thats a little confusing but I would just reverse the throttle channel on the radio and move all the stuff (weights etc..) to the other side.
ax10alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:30 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

i wouldnt rewire the polarity to the input voltage of the speedo. flipping the motor wires would work. and then redistribute the weight accordingly. as for the servos might just have to reverse them ... the question was a little hard to understand
Scottish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:50 PM   #4
RCC Addict

just switch the motor's wires (don't fuss with the esc) (as said above) and turn the body around. I don't see why this would be wrong.
RCMFMaxxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #5

I guess I wasn't completely clear. I switched the wires on the motor last night. Problem solved. I am in the process of moving whieght forward now. I guess what my question is, would it damage the motor or the ESC to do this? I thought the motors were marked with positive and negative leads. It works now. My question is how long?

Thanks,

Ben
Old 11-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I say make a new chassis... you need a gear reduction box too... just sayin.
megacabcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:29 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Put you controller back to normal and reverse the wires going to the motor and then it will spin oposite so the reversing it at the controller wont make it all screwy if that makes sense. It wont do no harm at all reversing the wires.
Foxracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by msps003 View Post
I say make a new chassis... you need a gear reduction box too... just sayin.

I have no idea what you are sayin.... no offense.

What I am saying is I switched the wires going from my ESC to my motor. This makes the back the front and the front the back as far as the ESC and the motor are concered. Now I just cange everythin from the back to the front (tiresand wheels, steering axle, and such). This way my tranny has been flipped without actually unbolting it. I think it would have been easier to flip the tranny especaily since you have to disassemble it to install the dig anyhow. But since I made my chassis with such tight clearance around the motor this could not be done without making a new chassi. I probably will make a new chassis later. I am just trying to finish one project at a time.