Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Output shaft fix

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 12:24 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
While you had it open, you should have replaced that middle idler gear as well...he's the next one to break. I have Robinson middle gears that I have to install soon since I blew out two of the stockers. If I can only find the time

Probably a good idea, but seeing as I am only running 2S and a 45 turn brushed motor, I imagine teh gears will last a good while. I only replaced the out gear because one of the out put hubs stripped. When somethign does fail, I usually go with a better replacement, but do not usually swap out things until they fail.

Here is the bad part.
02tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Yes, but it's still weight on the chassis (not good) and it's rotating mass that can adversly affect the acceleration needed to hop from one rock to the next. It would be soooo easy for Robinson Racing to drill 6 nice sized holes through that baby before they harden the metal....
True, maybe they could make a titanium version - stong and light. For me, the weight is not an issue. I do not run competition; my crawler is strictly for fun and the weight difference has had no ill effect.
I would be very surprised if the rotational mass difference is enough that you could notice it when driving. It would most likely take some precise equipment to measure the differences in acceleration. Especially when you consider that this gear is at the third point of gear reduction from the motor. Were it the spur gear it would have a much greater effect.

Last edited by 02tac; 03-30-2011 at 12:52 PM.
02tac is offline   Reply With Quote