Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: yeah racing shocks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2008, 06:03 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default yeah racing shocks

well looks like i wasted $40. i got the yeah racing shocks and 2 of the shock caps leak like a sive. right where the mount and top of the cap come together they are cracked. i should have just spent the money and got real shocks lol. oh'well live and learn. for now i'm running them with no oil and internal springs lol. i'm trying to figure out how i can run normal springs without them hitting the chassis.
non ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2008, 06:11 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Who did you buy them from? I have sold 1000's of YR shocks and so far never had anymore issues with these shocks then any other brand.

If their Cracked.. Any shock cracked would leak... how did they Crack?

Post some pic's of your set up. You should be able to run the springs and clear everything easy. Did you buy the 120mm or shorter ones? The 120mm are larger in Dia in the shorter shocks they make.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:21 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

they were cracked from the package. i didn't see it till they got filled with oil and started leaking all over.i have never even been able to run them. they are the 120mm that yeah racing says are for the axial.i got them from dinball(never again). i'm running the flm svp2 chassis. i'd post pics but can't get them to come up. i sent yeah racing an e-mail about it.we'll see what happens but i'm not holding my breath.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:51 AM   #4
Custom Carbon Fiber

only time any of mine have leaked was when the bladder inside didnt sit right.

sorry to hear. sounds like someone plant side may have over tightened or bent it in travel.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:09 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

thanks. i think i'll do some research on the integy msr10's i think they are(and i hate integy stuff atleast arms and shock towers) or the losi 4in shocks everybody claims are great for the axial. problem is i just got a flm spv2 chassis so i'm gonna have to run internal springs with whatever shocks i get i think. oh'well this is a hobby and you learn something new everyday lol.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:34 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I've used several Yeah Racing shocks in the range from 70mm to 120mm and have had no issue whatsoever. Also most of the shocks (and a lot of other parts) are bought from Dinball. Great service, fast and unexpensive shipping, good information. I will continue to buy from Dinball, also Yeah Racing shocks when needed.
KuJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 05:03 PM   #7

got a link for their online store?

edit: found it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuJo View Post
I've used several Yeah Racing shocks in the range from 70mm to 120mm and have had no issue whatsoever. Also most of the shocks (and a lot of other parts) are bought from Dinball. Great service, fast and unexpensive shipping, good information. I will continue to buy from Dinball, also Yeah Racing shocks when needed.

Last edited by Naxz; 11-27-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Naxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 10:51 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Ever thought that the Post Office could have Damaged them?

I've been carrying Yeah Racing shocks for years now. You really can't be bad for them leaking. You should have sent Dinball and E-mail to get them replaced. You just went through me at www.jpcustomrcs.com and I would have already taken care of you....

By the way. Yeah Racing shocks are better then Integy. I'm a dealer for both. I choose Yeah Racings to carry instock.

Last edited by run2jeepn; 11-30-2008 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:57 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

I'll try to add a link, but I don't know if I'm doing it correct (first time try).
http://stores.ebay.com/Dinball_W0QQc...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
Anyway you could go to eBay and searh in eBay-stores, I'm sure you will find Dinball.
KuJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:22 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Dinball is the same as www.rcmart.com
Old 11-28-2008, 06:58 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

thanks guys. i've gone back to the stockers for now. i've sent an e-mail and we'll see if i get a responce from yeahracing about this.