Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Calling all SlingShot owners!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 10:36 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Exclamation Calling all SlingShot owners!!!!

I am looking for the best shock setup!

Droop or Sprung?

Pics would be great!

Thanks!
MDcrawler72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2008, 11:01 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

i have had better luck with my setup which is full droop with 4" losi shocks, but i am sure others will tell you different i know solomon from DNA told me that is what he runs on his slingshot setup, you will have to limit the travel by adding fuel tubing on the shaft inside the shock about 1/2" of fuel tubing per shock is needed...good luck with whatever you run it is a solid chassis...............P III
ol dirty dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:54 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

the chassis is designed for droop, dna suggests using losi .6 front buggy shocks in droop but i used revo shocks. heres a link to my slingshot build thread if you want any other info. my new slingshot comp rig
jedsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

OK, I'm hoping that I heard the same info from the same people as you guys. I talked to a guy at DNA and I was made aware that the DNA chassis is NOT designed to work with a droop setup. Either Losi .6 shocks or Revo GTR shocks with a SPRUNG setup is the BEST way to set the truck up. That is according to DNA themselves. I've spent alot of time on the phone with these guys while I was setting up my Slingshot.
I'm currently running revo GTR shocks internally sprung, but i'm switching to Losi .6 shocks very soon. The revo shocks work but I'm just not very happy with them yet.
I'm sure the chassis is still very capable with a droop setup but it would not be as stable. Even with a Low ride height that a droop setup would allow. You still have a very low CG even with a sprung setup with 3" of belly clearance. Its just how the chassis is designed. But try whatever works for you! Its all personal preference
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Well I am running the same shocks. You can limit them by cutting fuel tubbing( 1/2 inch) and putting it on the shock rod. This will drop the belly just under 3inch. You will need to lay the shocks down to I think the 4th hole it may be the fifth, I can't remember. But that will drop it nice and clean. About the chassis spacers you can get them for 12.95 plus 5.00 dollars flat rate shipping. Hop this helps. Solomon.
------Original Message------
To: customerservice@dna-rc.com
Subject:
Sent: Nov 20, 2008 4:04 PM

hi my name is paul and someone off of rccrawler.com named solomon told me to email you guys, i bought an aluminum slingshot chassis from a friend that won it at a comp down south i have everything but the plates for mounting the electronics and the dig servo i was wondering if i could buy these items seperate and how much if so......also i had a question about the shocks i put it together with losi 4" shocks and it had like 3 1/2 inches of ground clearance way to much for me with them at full droop it sits at alittle over 2 1/2 inches i can deal with that but didnt really want to run full droop any suggestions for shocks what do you recommend with this chassis sorry for the stupid questions i know you are busy but thanks in advance for any info..............P III

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
ol dirty dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

use losi .6 shocks and you wont have to limit them at all.....
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:24 PM   #7
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

I run Revo shocks with Jato springs in the rear and Firestorm shocks/springs up front. I also use little foam bumpstops to prevent harsh bottoming and limit the travel:

http://www.noeither.com/rc/pictures/...08/9-2-081.htm
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:06 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the everyone. Looks like people are running droop and sprung!
MDcrawler72 is offline   Reply With Quote