Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Another Losi shock question-Full Droop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #1

Default Another Losi shock question-Full Droop

I have a Edge Chassis with full droop setup and using the Integy shocks, I found as everyone say's, they leak like a submarine with a screendoor!

So I am buying a set of Losi 4" shocks and I am going to use HPI ballends to get full length out of them. Plus I am going to be using Mini-T front springs on the inside as a full droop setup.

The question is what Mini-T front spring do I use inside the shock as a starting point, do I need to run a stiffer LR over the RR to help with motor torque (I am using a HR Dig unit)? and what is a good starting point for shock oil? Plus do I need to run fuel line as a bump stop and if so, how much?

Sorry for all the questions, kinda new to rockcrawling but I have been in R/C for a 10+ years. I searched the threads but not alot of people using Losi full droop with a Edge that I could see.

Any help would be great!
LOW&SLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
Keep it real

miniT springs don't fit inside the Losi shocks, at least the ones I tried last a couple years ago didn't.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:51 PM   #3

Thanks Tanis,
Any suggestions on the best way to run full droop with the losi shocks?
LOW&SLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:56 PM   #4
Keep it real

I will tell you I'm not a fan of droop, I experimented with it in a snow rig tuber. TCS has some internal springs designed for droop in several different rates. http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Shocks-Sh...p-2-c-279.html
I don't have much advice as to what might work well.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:08 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

i run full droop on my slingshot with losi shocks i was running them with 80wt in the front and 100wt in the rears with 1/2 inch of fuel tubing in them to limit the shocks but i just got done rebuilding them with 20wt in the front and 30wt in the rears with some springs under the pistons that i bought at osh and a little more than 1/2 inch of fuel tubing because i went to a comp in millerton lake this last sunday and they worked fine except they had some steep climbs and my shocks would unload at the top of the climb causing my truck to roll backwards so i am going to try this setup at the comp in san luis obispo this weekend it should work fine the springs will keep my shocks from unloading under their own weight, they are pretty soft springs and the truck feels great driving it around my coarse in the house droop is all about trying new setups till you find the one that works for your driving style and the terrain you are driving on so good luck with whatever you do......P III
ol dirty dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:26 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Im running losi shocks on both of my Xtrail rigs, Im useing the TSC springs in losi shock. But ya have to cut some of the spring off becouse there To long for the shocks. and they work awsome.
clayton78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
miniT springs don't fit inside the Losi shocks, at least the ones I tried last a couple years ago didn't.
Can you please tell me how to and what i need to mount 4" losi shocks to the ax10 artr. stock shock caps keep blowing off after 5 minutes run time. was told losi shocks are real good and work real good on ax10. Please send help. Thank You.
JOHN HILL is offline   Reply With Quote