Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Nate's SWX comp. build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 11:06 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Good looking rig......
Mayhem Eng. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Thanks.... love the rims, thanks for the quality product!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem Eng. View Post
Good looking rig......
Gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:17 AM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Well I was not happy with how I redid the wiring using the cable sleeving because the way I loomed the "harness" with the battery, motor, dig servo, and steering servo wires into one loom I realized that I would have to completely disassemble my wiring harness to service any one of these items..... so since I must be insane I redid the entire thing, every item has it's own loom, looks much better to me and is way more functional. The "harness" runs below the dig servo between the motor and tranny for the steering servo and battery power wires. This is about as clean as I think you can get it.

Going to paint up a new body tommorow, pics tommorow night. Here's a couple new pics of the wiring. You can get this sleeving stuff on Ebay for about $6, and it's enough for about 3 or 4 rigs.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:27 AM   #44

That wiring looks clean. It makes mine look horrible
HELLSUNICORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:46 AM   #45
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Wiring is awsome. No glitching with everything together? My wires are pretty sad too.
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:01 AM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Thanks man, your build is sweet! I was just looking at your thread. No glitching, in fact I don't know if the Futaba 2.4 system will glitch.........period! It's really unreal how strong the connection is between the rx, tx with this radio. If it does glitch though the antenna (in it's own individual loom) can be removed from the harness and raised appropriately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnar View Post
Wiring is awsome. No glitching with everything together? My wires are pretty sad too.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:24 AM   #47
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Thanks for the compliment. I can't wait to crawl many rocks instead of just one. Yea was thinking the same thing about the 2.4's too. Plus being so close to the rig. I got sucked in by all the warnings to keep power and servo wires apart, and all the glitch threads. I'll clean my junk up. Good luck on all your future comps.

Last edited by gunnar; 02-12-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:20 AM   #48
Pebble Pounder

your solder joins on the esc look very dry your wires will snap off when you dont want them to !!!!!!!!!
mint355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:02 AM   #49
TN State Champ 11,12,13

I would think about moving the FXR. It is very vulnerable hanging out there like that. That little capacitor cap is very delicate, one nasty roll-over and your out of the comp. The FXR is so tiny and light you could easily mount it up in ur chassis out of harm. Just my opinion...BTW your wiring is very neatly done.
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment. I can't wait to crawl many rocks instead of just one. Yea was thinking the same thing about the 2.4's too. Plus being so close to the rig. I got sucked in by all the warnings to keep power and servo wires apart, and all the glitch threads. I'll clean my junk up. Good luck on all your future comps.
Good luck to you as well, I'll probably be getting some ideas from you as soon as I jump into the lipo world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mint355 View Post
your solder joins on the esc look very dry your wires will snap off when you dont want them to !!!!!!!!!
hmmm, I'll keep an eye on it, I'm definately not the best solderer out there but I've never had a joint that I thought was good fail on me. Also during my rewire if they were weak I think they would have failed already as I pulled and tugged to get everything loomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog7 View Post
I would think about moving the FXR. It is very vulnerable hanging out there like that. That little capacitor cap is very delicate, one nasty roll-over and your out of the comp. The FXR is so tiny and light you could easily mount it up in ur chassis out of harm. Just my opinion...BTW your wiring is very neatly done.
I may fab up a little protection for it but it's definately staying there. It may be light but definately has some measurable weight to it when it's all wired up. I did a test run the other day and it never got touched. I'll be keeping an eye on it though.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:04 AM   #51
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

I'm with you Gst. Keep that elect. where it is. There have been many posts about how putting stuff on the rear axle is bad. People, if you want your stuff to work(in comps or otherwise) you gotta get the weight down low-bottom line. Yea, they don't weigh anything, and sure you can put them where-ever you want, if you put alittle thought into protecting them, they will be ok there. There is a big tire right next to it. Bender has done it, others have done it. Your gonna break something sometime. Besides the wiring is good and low, and wires do weigh something.

Last edited by gunnar; 02-12-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #52
Pebble Pounder

you got it bro, when your building a "comp" rig some other considerations go out the window. You just have to think about what you need during an actual comp. situation.

Quote:
I'm with you Gst. Keep that elect. where it is. There have been many posts about how putting stuff on the rear axle is bad. People, if you want your stuff to work(in comps or otherwise) you gotta get the weight down low-bottom line. Yea, they don't weigh anything, and sure you can put them where-ever you want, if you put alittle thought into protecting them, they will be ok there. There is a big tire right next to it. Bender has done it, others have done it. Your gonna break something sometime. Besides the wiring is good and low, and wires do weigh something.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

Cool

Looking better every pic/post Nathan, I see you've been up late many a night working on her too. . . Thank God for the understanding woman!
I bought the 1st SWX from Cycle Art, but it's still waiting on the bench- I was running The Goat BL @ the time, and it would'nt fit. So now that I'm back to "brushed", I might have to drop my Mamba/Rooster55 into her and maybe put some Berg axles on my Rockstar chassis. . .c'mon stimulus check, tax returns, anything. Anyways to the point-Your truck looks killer, I am dying for alum wheels as well! I like the sheathing too, looks "stealth".
Until we meet again, Go Slow.
APESHAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #54
Pebble Pounder

Haha..... stay away from the bergs! Thanks for the compliments man, I had to hit Dickie up for a new grappler today.... it never ends. See you at the next comp.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by APESHAT View Post
Looking better every pic/post Nathan, I see you've been up late many a night working on her too. . . Thank God for the understanding woman!
I bought the 1st SWX from Cycle Art, but it's still waiting on the bench- I was running The Goat BL @ the time, and it would'nt fit. So now that I'm back to "brushed", I might have to drop my Mamba/Rooster55 into her and maybe put some Berg axles on my Rockstar chassis. . .c'mon stimulus check, tax returns, anything. Anyways to the point-Your truck looks killer, I am dying for alum wheels as well! I like the sheathing too, looks "stealth".
Until we meet again, Go Slow.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:23 PM   #55
Pebble Pounder

Took my rig out for some practice today. It was handling really well. We set up 3 really hard courses, one had a 12 minute time limit and covered about 150ft. Was really a good time! I painted up my new grappler tonight. I'm sticking to my "stealthy" look here. Flat black, gloss blacked out windows, very few stickers. I'm digging the look and think this body will fare well in comp. use...... and abuse! Here's a couple pics. Looks pretty evil I think, what do you guys think ???

Old 02-12-2009, 11:30 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

nice rig , im loving the "stealthy" look
BEN214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:03 AM   #57
Pebble Pounder

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEN214 View Post
nice rig , im loving the "stealthy" look
Old 02-13-2009, 10:20 AM   #58
Pebble Pounder

Nice... looks really simple and badass!!
Archer414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #59
Pebble Pounder

Thanks bro, I appreciate the positive feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottso737 View Post
Nice... looks really simple and badass!!
Old 02-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #60
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Pimpin the black tinted windows, gotta love the all black. Looks mean and lean Gst!