Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My first attempt at a crawler, Scorpion ARTR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 06:18 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

I have yet to replace my C's or my Knuckles, however I believe that to be my next upgrade, just to improve my steering radius, and the obvious strength upgrade. I have yet to break any of the stock parts. (knock on wood).

Yes you are very correct, to call this sport an adiction is very much an understatement.
dano104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2009, 12:43 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

i think you're going to have issues with the super soft springs at the 4 corners. should imo, be stiffer at the rear.
your upgrade should either be the radio to a Spektrum or get some better tires (rovers or such) and maybe a better chassis. lose the side body mounts and get that top plate back on and use velcro. ad some more weight to the front maybe. and a stronger servo. get those lowers to the inside of your chassis with a new tranny plate. get a 37 coupe body maybe too. hmmm...paint the silver rims black. just my 2 cents. glad you're diggin' the crawlin'.
minor_threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:44 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by minor_threat View Post
i think you're going to have issues with the super soft springs at the 4 corners. should imo, be stiffer at the rear.
your upgrade should either be the radio to a Spektrum or get some better tires (rovers or such) and maybe a better chassis. lose the side body mounts and get that top plate back on and use velcro. ad some more weight to the front maybe. and a stronger servo. get those lowers to the inside of your chassis with a new tranny plate. get a 37 coupe body maybe too. hmmm...paint the silver rims black. just my 2 cents. glad you're diggin' the crawlin'.
-I had since upgraded to losi crawler shocks.
-I had also upgraded to the DX3R
-Rovers habve been installed

Old 04-17-2009, 01:46 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Just added a set of Mayhem Comp Heavies, which came with a brand new set of Losi Rock Claws. I'm not so sure that the HB Rovers that I also have are as good as these Losi tires, although it could be the extra weight of the rim that contributes to the traction.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:06 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Just thought I would update my photos, the build progresses, slooooowly. Next is CC BEC, and a JR z9110t 350 oz servo! What do you all think about the build so far? After servo I plan to replace knuckles, C's, and axial CVD's. Then the infamous dig.....

Last edited by dano104; 04-18-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #46
Quarry Creeper

For some reason now I'm hell bent on doing the whole c's, knuckles, and cvd thing. I would like to max out my steering before going dig...
Old 04-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Anyone have any opinions? What direction should I go from here?
Old 04-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #48
BIG
Rock Stacker

i like how u put the peice of plastic in the middle on your last pic i was trying to think of an ideah of how to mount my bat their and now i know lol thanks
BIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:35 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Some more progress, I had to grind my axial hexes down today, to fit the mayhem wheels properly, I used a dremel sanding drum. Perfect fit now by the way. I also finally got around to wiring in the Castle BEC. So now I'm just sitting around waiting for the new servo!
Old 04-24-2009, 06:17 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Dano, you working this weekend? We have a comp on Sunday!!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 06:31 AM   #51
Quarry Creeper

:( yeah unfortunately I usually work every weekend, and get the 6th one off... it sucks, but it is where most of the money is. I don't believe I'll be comp ready till I add a dig anyway..... You guys will kick my arse the first time i show up!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:47 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

I wouldn't worry about that. We have a couple guys without dig still. Whenever you get another weekend off, give me a yell and we'll crawl somewhere!!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:52 AM   #53
JLF
Quarry Creeper

The new wheels look great!

Did you say 350oz steering power?! Incredible. I guess Im behind the times a bit. At what point would it just snap everything to bits?!
JLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #54
dkf
Rock Crawler

Looking good.

I wish the ARTR would come unassembled. I like to build.

Last edited by dkf; 04-24-2009 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Spelling
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Nice build! I was going to say move your lowers inboard but if you are already considering a SWX Just do that and 4 link it at the same time. That chassis is about the best bang for your buck out there and will work great with the Losi shocks you already have. Shop around for the SWX kit they can be found for around $70 bucks.

The only other thing I might suggest would be putting your battery over the axle when you 4 link it.

Do your local comps have a novice division? you might want to try that before you get/start using a dig to get a little experience. It takes the pressure off a little not trying to push yourself to compete against the top peeps right off the bat.
crawlincircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano104 View Post
:( yeah unfortunately I usually work every weekend, and get the 6th one off... it sucks, but it is where most of the money is. I don't believe I'll be comp ready till I add a dig anyway..... You guys will kick my arse the first time i show up!
I had dig for my first comps, but blew the trans (r2d) and went back to no dig. I"m becoming a better driver without the dig (and puller power) running novice. It really is more of a challenge and do ya really expect to beat the regulars in your first comps? Just jump in and have some fun!
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlincircles View Post
Shop around for the SWX kit they can be found for around $70 bucks.
The Crawler Store has them on sale right now for $59.99!!!

Quote:
Do your local comps have a novice division? you might want to try that before you get/start using a dig to get a little experience. It takes the pressure off a little not trying to push yourself to compete against the top peeps right off the bat.
Our local club is small, less than ten people, so we only run one class. Whether he runs dig or not, he'll still be competitive and have fun!!
Old 04-24-2009, 12:15 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Nice build! I was going to say move your lowers inboard but if you are already considering a SWX Just do that and 4 link it at the same time. That chassis is about the best bang for your buck out there and will work great with the Losi shocks you already have. Shop around for the SWX kit they can be found for around $70 bucks.

The only other thing I might suggest would be putting your battery over the axle when you 4 link it.

You know I tried the axial battery/servo mount plate, and at full lock my tires would either rub the battery or servo, so i would end up having to adjust my EPA therefore losing steering sharpness.......... Up hill battle!
Old 04-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
I wouldn't worry about that. We have a couple guys without dig still. Whenever you get another weekend off, give me a yell and we'll crawl somewhere!!
I promise to get out there and crawl with you all soon....... as soon as possible that is
Old 04-24-2009, 04:05 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
The Crawler Store has them on sale right now for $59.99!!!
Where did you see it for 59.99??? I saw it on there site for 64.99. still a great price though

Quote:
Our local club is small, less than ten people, so we only run one class. Whether he runs dig or not, he'll still be competitive and have fun!!
Thats cool that your club i smaller as it won't be as intimidating as having 50 peeps watching you on your first time.

Last edited by crawlincircles; 04-24-2009 at 04:20 PM.
crawlincircles is offline   Reply With Quote