Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: hot racing dig unit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #1

Default hot racing dig unit

got the hot racing dig unit very good unit no binding no lock ups and the casing around the unit to keep dirt and rocks out is a great idea
bsneasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

The best thing you can do to keep it nice and smooth is to take it apart and polish up the internals. I did mine with a dremel and it slides 100 times better than stock even with a directly straight pull. Great dig for me so far.
addictedtonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Mine works great for the most part only problem i have is sometimes when shifting out of rear wheel locked, it will hang up and not want to unlock it. Any tips for that? I honestly havent even pulled it apart since i installed it so im not sure if theres an easy fix for it or not.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

That's really just the nature of the design, in some situations the amount of force binding the dig in any position will be more than just the servo or a small amount of forward movement can offer to release it. The alternative to this is that it won't stay engaged..... kind of like a worn out DNA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless View Post
Mine works great for the most part only problem i have is sometimes when shifting out of rear wheel locked, it will hang up and not want to unlock it. Any tips for that? I honestly havent even pulled it apart since i installed it so im not sure if theres an easy fix for it or not.
Gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Thats pretty much what i had assumed. I was thinking of shimming it so it wouldnt be so deep but who knows maybe it will wear in LOL
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:41 AM   #6

does anyone know where i can find instrctions on how to install one fo these units .. Its my first dig unit .. Thanks oo much in advance Big V
BigDaddyV is offline   Reply With Quote