Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My Edge AX10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
RcBros Hobbies

Default My Edge AX10

Pick this up of a member here for a killer deal and it had never been ran. So I'm part of the AX10 crowd now.

Specs:
Edge chassis(new)
AX-10 axles(new)
AX-10 tranny(new)
AX-10 tires and beadlocks(new),
aluminum servo/ 4 link mounts front
aluminum 4 link mount rear
Integy 55t lathe
Hitec 5645
Slash ESC
Spektrum Radio
Maxamps 6 cell 1600mah 3x3 pack
high clearance bottom links(new)

I personally think the EDGE looks alot better without panels, but figured I'd give it a shot with panels, although now clean looking its a serious pain to make adjustments to anything inside or even change a shock location.

The shocks I have now are horrible, the caps will not stay on! So i'm looking for advice as to which shock setup to run.

RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2009, 11:18 AM   #2

Talking edge

i had one for about 2 days i didnt like it at all.could not get the cg low enough.plus not alot of tuning options.hay rcbro this is digger1 from your site hows it goin
mszz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
RcBros Hobbies

The CG on this one seems increadibly slow to me, just don't like the accessibility options
Old 02-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #4
D-Wray 4 Prez!

Looks cool.
Frankenwheely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I like the build...I don't care for those tires at all...I think you'll like losi buggy shocks, I'm running berg shocks limited alot but work great!!!! And I like this chassis too without panels
the3kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I've been running 2 different edge chassis rigs for about a year now, and have yet to get my shocks setup the way I want them. I have them close, but they still leave alot to be desired, especially in the rocks. I keep wanting to try a set of Losi shocks in a sprung setup instead of droop, but I know that'll make my COG higher than I want it. Since I've got a GC1, and I'm getting ready to build a Slingshot, and then a Zero chassis Berg, I will most likely just leave these low and use them for hill climbing for the most part.

I love the look and strength of the chassis though. If I were you I'd upgrade to some Panther Cougar tires after you get your shocks setup close to how you want them.
MCSCOTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #7
RcBros Hobbies

What r u running for shock oil?
Old 02-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #8

Talking edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
What r u running for shock oil?
im running a set of aluminum big bore traxxas off my old e maxx they work like butter
mszz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:27 PM   #9
RcBros Hobbies

Well I rebuilt the shocks and made sure the caps were tight, got rid of the 55T and got a 35T to replace it.. Still doesn't seem any faster, starting to think my radio won't bind right but it works!

Added some stickers to make it look alittle less blah. Now just need the rain to stop so I can test it on some real rocks. I can see it doing alright, but it sits rather low and likes to get hung up on the long chassis. Plus its just hard to work on anything inside the rig. I'll give it time though!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

i have the ede chassis and i found that you need to limit the shocks alot then run a semi droop set up and then it will run great.i put a 1/4 to 3/8 piece of fuel tubing under the shock piston to limit travel then i used internal springs(medium) 3/4 leangth under and half on top of piston? or it could be a full on bottom and 1/4 on top/ (ckrc internal medium spring) yes its full and 1/4 whitch will give it a semi droop setup that i found to run good with adaquate belly clearence? but realy its what you like you cant realy run what everyone else is running since we all have different prefrences?
dybbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #11
RcBros Hobbies

I've got the droop setup going with medium springs, just don't like getting hung up on the belly so much, I feel the chassis is just to long in that area. My MRC does better then my axial at the moment. When it stops raining I'll hit the real rocks and see how it does, but have the SWX kit in the mail as well.