Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Don's AX based Triple S build with a twist

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 06:29 AM   #61
Rock Crawler

Ok the million dollar question, when's it going to be available!
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2009, 09:18 AM   #62
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by treday619 View Post
Do you guys have any idea how far this will stick out on a SWX Chassis? Sorry guys not running a DNA Chassis yet.
These are complete chassis plates and cannot be added like the other ss leafs that will be able to.

I think, lol I only saw them for a second. Will be able to tell more when I get it.
O.C.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #63
RCC Addict

That's correct this is a complete chassis. You cannot stick it into another chassis. Don and I working on Delrin Leafs for the 2.2 Slingshots but they are designed to bolt to that chassis only as well.

Jason
JAM MaxAmps.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:21 PM   #64
Rock Crawler

Any est. release date on this chassis?
atekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:26 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C.D. View Post
These are complete chassis plates and cannot be added like the other ss leafs that will be able to.

I think, lol I only saw them for a second. Will be able to tell more when I get it.

I was just asking about the Dig Servo Plate. Sorry should have clarified
treday619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Dig servo mounts have already been shipped to be distributed to hobby shops everywhere both seperately and with all new dig units.

This chassis is still going through some testing, but is working very much as intended and should see production soon. We don't want to rush it however and make it less than the best it can be for you guys
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:27 AM   #67
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet works View Post
Dig servo mounts have already been shipped to be distributed to hobby shops everywhere both seperately and with all new dig units.

This chassis is still going through some testing, but is working very much as intended and should see production soon. We don't want to rush it however and make it less than the best it can be for you guys
Right on! I have been waiting for the dig units! I cant wait for this chassis to come out as well
Old 03-21-2009, 07:09 PM   #68
TSK
Shelf queen

How much is the projected price and release date on this chass.s I've alwats been a fan of the principles of lightweight design. Absolutely gorgeous chassis.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:51 AM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakedan5150 View Post
So this looks like a great rig, love the shockless idea. I never did see the specs, availability and or a cost? If you could let me know that would be great, I'm about to build my next rig and am looking towards some new ideas, concepts and products. If you can PM me the info that would be great. Thanks for the help
Quote:
Originally Posted by treday619 View Post
Do you guys have any idea how far this will stick out on a SWX Chassis? Sorry guys not running a DNA Chassis yet.
We do not have a set price just yet. but it is coming within the next couple of days.
210solomon007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #70
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet works View Post
The Dig servo mount is the new ultra adjustable mount we are producing. It offers 3 mounting points for a full sized servo and 4 for the mini servo.

Don
I jsut picked one of these mounts up. What exactly wgat are these positions? I'm guessing the obvious below the mount like you have pictured, and proabably above the mount with the servo horn and linkage passing through the hole in the mount?
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:13 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
I jsut picked one of these mounts up. What exactly wgat are these positions? I'm guessing the obvious below the mount like you have pictured, and proabably above the mount with the servo horn and linkage passing through the hole in the mount?
A mini or standard servo can mount in the stock location above the dig, above the mount behind the dig, or below the mount behind the dig...the last is preferred if your chassis has the clearance for it, if not the others will work fine as well with a slightly higher COG. Lastly, with some 3/8" spacers you can mount a mini servo horn side facing upwards under the mount behind the dig with the linkage and horn all below the mount. This option puts the servo nearly down to the lower links but whether it works on your setup will depend on your chassis width and upper link locations.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Well, here's some updated pics of the setup as it sits currently. I've included detailed pics of the BTA steering setup I worked up and also how we've tweaked the lower link/torsion rod locations where they tie to the axle. We moved them further inboard to increase flex and made each lower link parallel with it's torsion rod to decrease binding. This setup maxes out CVD's without rubbing and has a pretty sweet COG for a rig that barely weighs 4 lbs and has no wheel weight added currently.

More updates soon to come.

Don
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

And here's a couple more...
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #74
RCC Addict

Looks good. The Panthers turned out great. That link layout looks much better than when I saw it in Omaha. I new I should have stolen that thing when I had the chance.

-J
Old 04-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #75
RCC Addict

Wow Don, looks great. The Prolines weren't working out for you?

I still cannot see the spreader though. Has me confused. I guess I will wait til I get it. Got my body ready to go.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C.D. View Post
Wow Don, looks great. The Prolines weren't working out for you?

I still cannot see the spreader though. Has me confused. I guess I will wait til I get it. Got my body ready to go.
Just wanted to try both and compare. You can barely see it here...my black wire mesh runs across the top of it.
Attached Images

Last edited by billet works; 04-07-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Man, that thing is killer! I cant wait for it to hit the shelves are HRP, so I can my hands on it
Old 04-09-2009, 07:09 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

Well I got some drive time last night and this afternoon with the new tires...as they are breaking in they are working very nicely I tweaked on my upper and lower links just a fuzz more and got it moving smooth as silk. One thing I love about this setup is the ablity to move up to an impossible face with a lip and punch the throttle to get the jump on it...and it just lunges forward and upward and replants itself where it lands without trying to flip or do other odd stuff. Controlled descents with this rig are just about untouchable.

In addition I have really been bashing on this chassis hard...jumping it off rocks/ledges, landing on one wheel, blah blah blah...no weakness shown thus far at all. And when it hits the ground, it absorbs the impact instead of bouncing around.

On to a few more pics I believe this one is about wrapped up. We'll be testing at a few comps over the next couple of weekends hopefully.

Don
Attached Images

Old 04-10-2009, 06:05 AM   #79
RCC Addict

I love that last picture. That is cool!!

Jason
Old 04-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #80
RCC Addict

What is killing me is seeing this on the rocks and knowing I have one sitting on my bench, lol. Come on mailman, lol.

Agreed on the last pic Don, That is a great shot. I am betting that due to the weight it doesn't coast a whole lot on steep descents.