Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: AX10 Comp Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #41
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

I like that axle/chassis jig, can't wait to see how that rotor works out. Lookin good Mini!
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2009, 01:57 AM   #42
RCC Addict

from what i understand, dont you want the tie rod and drag link close to parallel?
5150bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:24 AM   #43
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150bronco View Post
from what i understand, dont you want the tie rod and drag link close to parallel?

That's the best thing about the great hobbie of our's every rig run's diffrent, I think my are pretty close to parallel, Last night after I finish take the pics took the rig out to me little man made brick course and it ran alot better than befor my angel of twist befor the truck flipped over was great, gotta get some vid of the rig, also did the around the tree it's a little thing I do where I climb a tree with the rig and just drive around it while keeping the chassis touching the tree I guess you can call it a super sharp turn lololol. I'll try to post up some vids. of all this, this weekend.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:26 AM   #44
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnar View Post
I like that axle/chassis jig, can't wait to see how that rotor works out. Lookin good Mini!
Dude that thing is great remove tire and you can work on the rig perfect doe snot get in the way or anything.

Yea going today to my LHS to see if it came in along with the new gearing from axail I got both of them just incase lol. Will have pics and vid of all the goodies once they come in.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:27 AM   #45
Pebble Pounder

nice comp crawler. I like your wheels. There cool.
chessmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:00 AM   #46
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150bronco View Post
I'll try to explain things somewhat, as Mini's(and mine) steering are close as far as setup is. When running a hi-steer knuckle, the tie rod is closer to the servo, which doesn't leave any room to mount the horn pointing down. This could be changed by using a bent tie rod, and mounting the draglink under the knuckle, but you lose some clearance doing that. Notice how close the tie rod is to the pumpkin, actually above and behind the outer edge of it. This offers some protection for the tie rod, and keeps things tight. Now to the drag link. Obviously, the top of the drag link will hit rocks first, which is the worst part of the setup, but the angle of the drag link gets lower as turning increases, because the servo horn is moving down as it's turning. Making up strong drag links is key to this setup, because it takes more abuse, but it does offer some good clearance when crawling.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:33 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
I'll try to explain things somewhat, as Mini's(and mine) steering are close as far as setup is. When running a hi-steer knuckle, the tie rod is closer to the servo, which doesn't leave any room to mount the horn pointing down. This could be changed by using a bent tie rod, and mounting the draglink under the knuckle, but you lose some clearance doing that. Notice how close the tie rod is to the pumpkin, actually above and behind the outer edge of it. This offers some protection for the tie rod, and keeps things tight. Now to the drag link. Obviously, the top of the drag link will hit rocks first, which is the worst part of the setup, but the angle of the drag link gets lower as turning increases, because the servo horn is moving down as it's turning. Making up strong drag links is key to this setup, because it takes more abuse, but it does offer some good clearance when crawling.
okay. i see what you mean.

mini, that is true about this hobby. I was just curious to hear a response in logic too. nice job.
5150bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #48
"HOLLYWOOD"

It's cool, thats another great thing about this hobbie, every help everyone out.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:23 AM   #49
"HOLLYWOOD"

Just got this in. 43-13 Gonna tear down my rear today and see what this puppy does.
Attached Images

Last edited by Mini; 06-05-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:29 AM   #50
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Yea, those gears help alot, plus, you could put the pinion in a cordless drill, and scratch the dog's butt with it.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:40 AM   #51
"HOLLYWOOD"

Your sick dude lolololololol.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:46 AM   #52
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

I run the drill slow, so I don't "tear" down the dog's rear. LOL Those gears help good on climbs and turning, you'll like em.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:53 AM   #53
"HOLLYWOOD"

Yea looking foward to putting it on can't wait. Hopefully if it would stop raining down here I might be able to take it out on saturday for a min and try it out. Or go to the back yard to my brick course I made lolol. It sucks cause my rig has so much power it pulls the bricks so I have to stack them in a certain way lol, we'll see.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #54
"HOLLYWOOD"

Well installed the the new bevel Gear in the rear and all I have to say is holy climb power lol. I did not loose too much wheel speed eaither gotta love brushless. Gonna try to have some video up of the rig in action.

Also have to say big up's to axail on making some solid stuff when I removed the bevel gear from that rear that thing still looked brand new, all the teeth were still perfect.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:12 AM   #55
"HOLLYWOOD"

Wel got some goodies in starting with a new front 4 link plate. Found a machine shop down here with a flow jet machine and got it done.
Installed and found a slight problem with the size I had given the guy, since and running high steering knuckel was hitting the knuckels so had to do a little fab work and now works perfect, and did not loose and turnning at all.

Next I installed the servo guard love it, had noticed a couple of nice dings on the plastic part of the servo and really did not feel like spending another 150.00 on a servo .

After installing the front new 4 link and servo guard the rig felt really stiff so removed the strc font plate and mounted the reciver on the space next to the servo and mounted the ESC inside the chassis toward the front huge diffrence right away. I did a little foam tunning cause my front foam was just way too soft I think it's the summer weather down here taking effect so went a little stiffer with some cuts and shaving on the foam got it to my liking also adjusted the springs to bring my COG down.

Did a couple of torque twist run's cause noticed like a week or two back the front of the chassis was coming up, well all gone and works great now.

Here are the pics of the mods enjoy.
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2009, 09:16 AM   #56
Official Cook of the ECC

Better get the bugs worked out before Sunday. My Berg is hungry.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:21 AM   #57
"HOLLYWOOD"

Oh don't worry there's a reason why am going a day early lol. Still got a little madness to try out and see if it works. Gonna go for the gold at this round.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #58
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Looks good Mini. Could you lower the plate even more by cutting down the plastic risers on the axle, so the plate nearly touches the top of the axle? If your servo throw will allow, you might want to try lowering the link on the horn one hole also, will give more torque and reduce the drag link angle.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #59
Official Cook of the ECC

I believe bronze or silver will be the color for you.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:51 AM   #60
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
Looks good Mini. Could you lower the plate even more by cutting down the plastic risers on the axle, so the plate nearly touches the top of the axle? If your servo throw will allow, you might want to try lowering the link on the horn one hole also, will give more torque and reduce the drag link angle.
Man thats a good idea might have to try it out and see how it works