Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: AX10 with Proline Tuber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #1

Default AX10 with Proline Tuber

My Axial with the Proline Tuber body. COG is pretty bad, but I was more interested in duplicatig my 1:1.

Mike P
fatboyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2009, 02:20 PM   #2

looks real good man
E&W Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Looks good throw up some pics of the 1:1 also
boisetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Thats a great lookin tuber. I like how it just bolts right on to the axial rails.
JRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:18 PM   #5

Pretty sweet, I love that body
Does the proline tuber make the COG that bad? are all your electronics in that upper compartment?
JasonS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I love the looks and the lines of that pro-line tuber, I just wish it was made out of alumimum instead of plastic:-(
sub-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:32 PM   #7
I joined the Band!

How did it bolt on? was it easy? or was it a pain? I read its suposed to be a direct bolt on to the stock axial frame/chassis. Thanks for the info and great looking build~ !

Last edited by grimgard; 03-13-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Can't type or spell
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #8

Mounting he tuber body is pretty quick, remove stock battery tray and install spacers provided. The body takes a little time to squeze onto the rails and screws through the third hole back from stock shock mount in the top four corners.
My reciever is in the body and after trying it out a little more the COG is not that bad.
I just felt this body gave the truck a better scale look with the 2.2 tires. Masking and painting is not bad, The panels are not inluded, I made them last night and improve the look.
TCS has the bodies and delivered quickly, thank you.

Mike P
Old 03-13-2009, 10:08 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I think it looks kool and the plastic should be lighter than a real tuber for better cog but for the price ya can get a real chassis. Wish it was more like the price of a body than a chassis. Again it does look kool but chrome don't get ya home.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:57 PM   #10
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyone View Post
Mounting he tuber body is pretty quick, remove stock battery tray and install spacers provided. The body takes a little time to squeze onto the rails and screws through the third hole back from stock shock mount in the top four corners.
My reciever is in the body and after trying it out a little more the COG is not that bad.
I just felt this body gave the truck a better scale look with the 2.2 tires. Masking and painting is not bad, The panels are not inluded, I made them last night and improve the look.
TCS has the bodies and delivered quickly, thank you.

Mike P
Thanks for the info. If I would of seen this I would of gotten it but I just got done putting on this pro-line body the ambusher. Looks cool but very top heavy.

Old 03-14-2009, 01:21 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

where did you order it from i have been waiting on this to come out for months now i was just about to give up and try and build one
whitetshirtguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:03 AM   #12

Default If you're looking for the tuber,,,

Try Cory at rpphobby.com.

http://www.shop.rpphobby.com/product...productId=1528

Check out his thread in the RPP Hobby vendor's forum. He had an early prototype that he was given by Pro-Line to torture test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetshirtguy View Post
where did you order it from i have been waiting on this to come out for months now i was just about to give up and try and build one
Qfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:53 AM   #13

TCS (The Crawler Store), under their Chassis section.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #14
I joined the Band!

Look what you made me do! Now I have a Tuber! Still need to get the plates. Articulation is great and the COG is not bad at all.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #15

I had one put returned it because the front tires would easily fit the front frame rails during medium articulation. As far as the fit and quality of this item, its top notch, but I felt it was more geared towards looks than performance, so it was sent back.
bashkustomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #16
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashkustomz View Post
I had one put returned it because the front tires would easily fit the front frame rails during medium articulation. As far as the fit and quality of this item, its top notch, but I felt it was more geared towards looks than performance, so it was sent back.

What set up did you have? No matter how hard I try the front tires come nowhere near the tube/frame. I get 70 degrees articulation and my tires totaly miss the tubes/frame.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:26 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Default proline chassis

My set up so far is this. Stock shocks with white springs(but going to Losi 4" rock crawlers), proline 8 shooter wheels & Losi Rock rock claws(but going to the taller HB white rovers). So if I was hitting now, I figured with the larger tires and lower shocks, it was going to get worse. I know the PL 8 shooter have an offset that sticks in more than other wheels as well as the stock wheels). Im glad its working for you because I really like how it fit and looked.

75fan
75fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #18
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75fan View Post
My set up so far is this. Stock shocks with white springs(but going to Losi 4" rock crawlers), proline 8 shooter wheels & Losi Rock rock claws(but going to the taller HB white rovers). So if I was hitting now, I figured with the larger tires and lower shocks, it was going to get worse. I know the PL 8 shooter have an offset that sticks in more than other wheels as well as the stock wheels). Im glad its working for you because I really like how it fit and looked.

75fan
Not hitting and not even close:

Stock shocks (4")
Losi rock claws
thats my set up

As you can see there is a gap between the tire and the tube frame. That is full articulation (big red beer cup). If I turn my tire it does rub slightly but would not impead the tire.

Last edited by grimgard; 03-17-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #19

If you look at the pictures in the first post you will see Proline 8-shooters and I am running the super soft springs. So far I have not hit the top rails.

Mike P
Old 03-17-2009, 10:11 AM   #20
Rock Stacker

where did you get that compartment at did it come with the body? is that where your electronics are
crawlin247 is offline   Reply With Quote