Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Weight for tyres...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 01:18 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Weight for tyres...

Hi, i need advice on what should i put inside the tyres for the extra weight? I got Aial AX10 with view hopups. And, also how much weight and what can i use? Do i have to take the sponge in the inside out? 4 tyres or only 2 in the front? sorry, seems a lot of questions, i'm new to crawler stuff. thanks.
CIELO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2009, 02:01 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Do a little searching. But to answer your ?'s I run a total of 1lb. in each front tire. IF you take the front rim, tire, and foam then add weight until it is at one pound. The rears I make as close to 14oz. as I can. That way the weight is lower on the COG and makes it bottom heavy. You can use stick weights from an tire shop in your area. They might sell them to you if you ask or just give em to ya. I have some Mayhem Double phattys that have live weights in them and I also put 2 whole strips on each rim to get the weight where I wanted it. HTH.
CRAZYACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:44 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I think how much weight you add to your wheels is kind of a personal preferance thing, some like a lot of weight and some like just a little, me personally like to run about half as much weight in the rear wheels as I do in the front, at the moment I have aproxitmatly 10ozs of lead stick on weights on each front wheel, and aproxitmatly 5ozs on each rear wheel, with tire, foam, and bead lock rings each front wheel assembled weighs about 18ozs and the rears about 13ozs each fully assembled, and it sticks to the rocks pretty well like this, I had all my stick on weight s given to me free of charge from my local tire place, I just brought in a wheel from my crawler and explained what I was trying to do and they gave me like 30ozs of weight for free...
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:45 AM   #4

.....That's awful heavy lol, I have 5 oz in each front and 2 in each back..... I'ma pansie
MCNorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:28 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

u got it for free which is excelent, i'm still looking for something to put it in. and btw, did u guys take out the sponge or foam away? my tyres would have air inside and i dont know what happen to the front left tyres. the air actually goes in and out. but when it goes out its hard to get it back to shape. not like other 3 tyres. they kept the air inside all the time and feels like sealed. what should i do with this one?
any suggestions on should i put the foam with the weights or just the weights without foam?
Old 03-27-2009, 11:05 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Not sure what kind of wheels you are running but most people including myself drill 2-4 1/8" vent holes on the inside of the wheel so the wheel can breath and allow the foam to do it's job which is to allow the tire to conform to the surface your crawling on. So yes you leave the foam in, but you have to remove the tires and foams so you can wrap the stick on weight around the wheels, then put them back together making sure you didn't cover the vent hole, or drill through the stick on weights too so the wheels still breath, I hope this makes sence to you here is a couple of pics of how my wheels look with out the tires on them and the weight stuck onto them....

Last edited by abadk9420; 03-27-2009 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:07 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

do a search. weight with foam in all and drill a hole in the rims
timo992001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:21 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

to abadk9420:
u r on ebay right? "big boys toys" ,lol. if it is then i was looking at your parts on my other window.
how do u make the whole through the rims? like which part of it should i drill through? one hole enough or couples?
btw i'm running on the same rims as yours, the chrome ones. second model in the pics u posted...
Old 03-28-2009, 12:43 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

you will want to use a drill or a dremel to make the hole in the rim, once the tire / foam is off, drill threwe the face that abadk9420 has the weights stuck to in his pictures, make sure that the hole comres threw on the back side of the rim so you dont see it once the wheels are back on the truck
ultimate_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:54 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Also when drilling your vent holes make sure you put the hole between the screw holes that hold the bead lock rings on, and dont cover the holes with the stick on weights, If you do just drill through the lead stick on weights too or the holes in your wheels will be pointless, I would put at least 2 holes per wheel, I am personally running mine with 4 holes in each wheel, but it is a personal preferance thing. Big Boyz Toyz is my sponser and if you click the link in my Signature at the bottom of my posts it will take you to the online store or just click here www.bbthobbies.com

Last edited by abadk9420; 03-28-2009 at 03:01 AM.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:02 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

i did it and it works good for me, thx guys...
the rims i got recently is 3racing ones and it has its own holes for it to breathe so it is all good for me now. i did drill the holes to the other rims and works good....