Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: "carbon taco" comp rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default "carbon taco" comp rig

just thought i would post some pics and specs of my new carbon fiber "TOP TACO" comp rig hope you enjoy
HBZ CARBON FIBER CHASSIS (cut up a little)
HR AIR SHOCK 90mm (smooth as butter)
DNA BEADLOCKS (just sexy)
PRO-LINE CHISELS
STRAIGHT AXLE IN THE REAR
AXIAL CVD's IN THE FRONT
ALUMINUM STEERING KNUCKLES
INTEGY LOCKERS
R2D TRANS (13 tooth pinion)
MINI DIG SERVO
JR 8711 FRONT SERVO
TEKIN FXR
ASTROFLIGHT 10T PULLMASTER MOTOR
DEANS PLUGS
CC BEC
4 LINK FRONT AND REAR
M-11 RCX AND TRANSMITTER
THUNDER POWER 11.1 3s lipo
now for some pictures sorry my camera sucks ass

thanks for lookin i am taking her to a two day comp in SAN LUIS OBISPO this coming weekend i will let you know how i do till then.....P III
ol dirty dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
Ex Nor-CalRCRC slave

Looks good, and good luck in the comp
gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #3

sweet man how do those shocks work for ya they look sweet.
13u9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

sweet rig man! how do you like the chisels? i havent had time to break mine in yet....
85toycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Nice rig, I'll see you and that rig in SLO on Sunday. I'm flying out on Wednesday afternoon, but have to work through Saturday. Are you in Paso Robles, or nearby? I see the HHQ logo on yer rig...
ErichF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #6
RCC Addict

That rig is dead sexy good luck at the comp.
JUSTGOINGSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichF View Post
Nice rig, I'll see you and that rig in SLO on Sunday. I'm flying out on Wednesday afternoon, but have to work through Saturday. Are you in Paso Robles, or nearby? I see the HHQ logo on yer rig...
i made those sticker the owners are friends of mine we crawl together all the time and i will see you on sunday i will be one of the judges so be sure to stop by it will be a blast...thanks for the compliment.....P III
Old 03-30-2009, 06:51 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13u9 View Post
sweet man how do those shocks work for ya they look sweet.
the shocks work really well i mean i took my losi's off for them if that tells you anything.....they were kinda sticky at first but i used some ASSOCIATED green shock slime on them and WOW what a difference that shit makes they are like buttery smooth.............P III
Old 03-30-2009, 06:53 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85toycrawler View Post
sweet rig man! how do you like the chisels? i havent had time to break mine in yet....
the chisels are sweet they love some wheel speed but they seem to be working fine i may go back to the panthers for the comp just because i am use to driving with them we will see...............P III
Old 03-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol dirty dirt View Post
i made those sticker the owners are friends of mine we crawl together all the time and i will see you on sunday i will be one of the judges so be sure to stop by it will be a blast...thanks for the compliment.....P III
Actually, I plan to pay the fee and enter the comp just on sunday, for the experience...no better way to learn how to comp than to get into it. I would enter Sat too, but I gotta work...
ErichF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichF View Post
Actually, I plan to pay the fee and enter the comp just on sunday, for the experience...no better way to learn how to comp than to get into it. I would enter Sat too, but I gotta work...
WORK?? is that a cough i hear???
Old 03-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

10t pullmaster?!!?? thats alotta motor. i like it. chassis looks good too let us know how it does
gooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooba View Post
10t pullmaster?!!?? thats alotta motor. i like it. chassis looks good too let us know how it does
i swear i think i could pullstart my real jeep with my crawler now this thing is a beast.................P III
Old 03-30-2009, 11:36 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Hey I met you at HHQ last thursday and got to see your rig in person. Very nice, love the air shocks. I was in there talking to Derrick and picked up some parts for my comp build. Should have it done tomorrow minus the r2 dig servo. If I can come up on a servo and a 3 chanel radio by this weekend I'll be there to comp, otherwise I am going to try to get over there to watch on Sunday.
Is derrick on this site? I need some of the HHQ stickers.
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:25 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by calikingcrawler View Post
Hey I met you at HHQ last thursday and got to see your rig in person. Very nice, love the air shocks. I was in there talking to Derrick and picked up some parts for my comp build. Should have it done tomorrow minus the r2 dig servo. If I can come up on a servo and a 3 chanel radio by this weekend I'll be there to comp, otherwise I am going to try to get over there to watch on Sunday.
Is derrick on this site? I need some of the HHQ stickers.
i got a radio you can borrow for the comp and maybe a servo if you cant find one and derik i dont think he gets on here very often i just fill him in on all the new stuff to order usually and the stickers on my truck i made he hasnt had stickers in awhile the guy that makes them for him is a flake but hit him up if you need a radio he knows how to get ahold of me till then ................P III
Old 03-31-2009, 12:42 AM   #16
RCC Addict

That would be awesome. That's the last thing I need to upgrade. I'm running the stock wheelyking radio and receiver since it is the only one I have laying around. But it works for a 2 channel. I'll let you know for sure if I can make it.
calikingcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:47 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
That would be awesome. That's the last thing I need to upgrade. I'm running the stock wheelyking radio and receiver since it is the only one I have laying around. But it works for a 2 channel. I'll let you know for sure if I can make it.
yes let me know always down to help out if i can............P III
Old 03-31-2009, 11:33 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
derik will be at the shop tomorrow you should call him and see whats up on sunday if you can run just one day there is gonna be like 5 coarses aday so i dont see why you couldnt run on sunday its worth a try....P III
Old 04-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooba View Post
i ran at the 2 day comp this weekend and on saturday i held 2nd place all day until my front wheel fell off and on to a gate and on sunday i place a 3rd place finish for the day they dont have the total results for the overall weekend finish yet but they did give out the first place overall prize which was a nice set of vanquish beadlocks all in all it was a great weekend and everyone that entered got prizes in the sunday raffle all of the entry money goes to prizes which makes it nice seeing as they were giving out scale chassis, wheels, tires, foams, bodies, dig units, etc etc kinda nice when everyone walks away with something till next time......P III oh yea the 10t pullmaster is a beast with a light and low rig i was able to power up and over stuff the tall trucks were having problems with yet low enough to sidehill stuff they could not...great times
Old 04-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #20

awesome looking rig...

thanks for the help with the shocks
roberts_toys is offline   Reply With Quote