Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Jumping on the Axial bandwagon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #1

Default Jumping on the Axial bandwagon?

Ive been lurkin around a lot on a few sites and vendors and ive decided to go for an Axial...

Now, heres what ive decided to do, im looking at a few trucks on ebay and theyre goin from $125 for ktis to $200 for rtrs (used). Im in school so i cant spend a killing like my older cars but im going with a 1.9 or 2.2 scaler but havent decided yet. But my big question is to buy the SCX kit or the X-Trail kit? Prices are similar but i want to hear from those of you who may know the plus's and minus's of each kit. Thanks in advance ;)
Bansheeboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #2

After looking a bit more at the kits im leaning towards the X-Trail kit as it comes with everything needed to convert it over, and im thinking i might go to 1.9s at some point, idk ill see if i like the 2.2s, im going to run a bronco body, maybe with a cage or something, not sure yet i just want to get the truck first..
Old 06-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
RCC Addict

The X-Trail is pretty nice, but the trans sits too high IMO, you end up having pretty ugly driveshaft angles which means a lot of breakage. It does have a lot more adjustability than the SCX chassis though.

The SCX looks more scale, has a really nice body mount setup, comes with the stronger steel lockers, trans slipper and rear lockouts. Beyond that, the SCX works really, really well. Seriously, they nailed the suspension geometry, it works way better than the stock AX-10 despite the short wheelbase and small tires. I'd get the SCX.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:00 PM   #4

Cool, im bidding on a nice ax10 on ebay that ends in a bit, if i can get it, ill look into the SCX kit from TCS, problem is i only have money in paypal right now unless they take that? And ill find some 1.9s as well. Thanks
Old 06-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

From what I have heard the SCX frame will hold up to more abuse then the X-trail will, just some more input.
fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #6
RCC Addict

RPP takes paypal
http://www.shop.rpphobby.com/product...productId=1149

one of the best in the business too. TCS is also very good to deal with.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:26 PM   #7

I couldnt get the ones on ebay so i might get the kit, i just gotta go back to NY and see what electronics i have there, mostly RC10 goldie parts haha...
Old 06-04-2009, 12:12 AM   #8

There's a couple more used on Ebay ending soon. Dunno if you already picked one up. I scored a deal a couple weeks ago they are definitely out there.
Mx_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:30 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I went with an X-trail mainly because I didn't need anything else to make it "scale". With the SCX, you'll need to make custom links to fit whatever wheel base you have or you'll need to buy the stock SCX links. With the X-trail and an ARTR I was able to just bolt everything up without issues. I just was able to take my rig out on some rocks today and had a blast. It performed great. Link in my sig.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #10

Yeh i saw that, i want that pic on your background haha, im gonna keep looking around for one, check ebay again but i think i can settle for a kit or ARTR, im 90% sure i have a good set of electronics back home ill get in a few weeks...
Old 06-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #11

Found this one $199 buy it now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220425804967

or save a few more bucks and get the SCX kit, cause after all is said and done, id have the chassis i want, with the wheels and tires that are right for around the same price.. Problem is, my only 2 electric motors are 17 and 12 turn haha, so id need a motor
Old 06-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #12

http://cgi.ebay.com/Integy-Matrix-Pr...ayphotohosting

this is the motor I'm running. very inexpensive and works great.
Mx_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote