Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Vanquish Knuckle Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Vanquish Knuckle Issues

So I just went to fit my Vanquish knuckles for the UK nats this weekend and have found some major binding issues. It seems as if the gap between ears of the knuckles are to large causing the screws to rub on the outside of the knuckles. I've measured my RCP knuckles and they are approx 24.5MM where as the Vanquish knuckles are closer 25.5MM.

Anyone know hoe I can solve this issue as I really want to run the at the nationals.
Tupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupers View Post
So I just went to fit my Vanquish knuckles for the UK nats this weekend and have found some major binding issues. It seems as if the gap between ears of the knuckles are to large causing the screws to rub on the outside of the knuckles. I've measured my RCP knuckles and they are approx 24.5MM where as the Vanquish knuckles are closer 25.5MM.

Anyone know hoe I can solve this issue as I really want to run the at the nationals.
I had the same issue with my CKRC Knuckles. What I did was dremeled the knuckles enough to where the screws would not hit the knuckles.
treday619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #3
TSK
Shelf queen

Wow. I can't imagine having to pay top dollar for something that should work from the get go, only to have to do some "final adjustments" to it to get it work. Should have picked up Egressor's knuckles instead...

Same thing goes for guys using the VP's for BTA. Why buy a new knuckle just to chop the ears off for it to work. Whilst Christian (Egressor) sells arms that will work for standard OTA setups as well as BTA setups. Just a thought...
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
Wow. I can't imagine having to pay top dollar for something that should work from the get go, only to have to do some "final adjustments" to it to get it work. Should have picked up Egressor's knuckles instead...

Same thing goes for guys using the VP's for BTA. Why buy a new knuckle just to chop the ears off for it to work. Whilst Christian (Egressor) sells arms that will work for standard OTA setups as well as BTA setups. Just a thought...

First wow.

Second i did not know we were considered top dollar, Looking around the egressor knuckles are 40.00 dollars and ours are 35.00.

As for the original poster before our company got blasted. I went and spot checked ones coming off the machine, and ones that are finished, all are with in our print specs.

Are you using the original stock axial bushings for the knuckles?

If there is a flaw we will take care of it.

Last edited by Vp Monkey; 07-01-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

That's weird....I didn't have any issues with mounting up my VP knuckles.

Used them with RCP clockable C's on my mini-clod.
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vp Monkey View Post
Second i did not know we were considered top dollar, Looking around the egressor knuckles are 40.00 dollars and ours are 35.00.
Actually, the Egressors are 40Euros ($56.59) + 10Euros ($14.15) shipping = $70.74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroader5 View Post
That's weird....I didn't have any issues with mounting up my VP knuckles.

Used them with RCP clockable C's on my mini-clod.
My VP's have been awesome as well. I used them with the stock plastic C's for a while and now I'm running them with the clockable Axial C's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSCorpionKing View Post
The VP's were perfect for my BTA steering... no mod or crappy spacers necessary!

Last edited by MtnBkr; 07-01-2009 at 04:53 PM.
MtnBkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:31 PM   #7
TSK
Shelf queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vp Monkey View Post
First wow.

As for the original poster before our company got blasted. I went and spot checked ones coming off the machine, and ones that are finished, all are with in our print specs.

Are you using the original stock axial bushings for the knuckles?

If there is a flaw we will take care of it.
Sorry, I did not mean to blast, so I offer my sincerest apologies.

As the saying goes "you get what you pay for." When I say top dollar, I suggest the fact that you guys provide high quality parts for the money spent. Egressor's knuckles are more expensive, but the finished product is hard to beat.

My main "issue" is that i don't understand how people would go and spend their money on a new product only to have to modify it to fit, or purchase it with the intention of cutting of a piece of it jsutto run a BTA when there are other options avaiable.

Yes part of me loves having the newest thing out, or be on the band wagon. But I mainly end up going after the innovation as opposed to whats most popular.

Although off subjsut a little, I did purchase the Eritex dig unit because of it's size and innovative design, but having seen pictures of the VP dig, I am totally enamored by the mechanical advantage that the shifter mechanism provides. Part of me wishes I waited for this to come out, but my DNA was in need of refurbishing and saw the Eritex as a chance to ry something new.

Again, I did not mean to blast your products or your company. I was simply voicing my opinion.
TSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:31 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Can't argue with a VP product, they put alot of time and research into every part, I have 2 pair, and both work amazingly well If something is truly wrong with your product, Tom, Steve, or Jim will bend over backwards to take care of the issue, their QC is great, but everyone is human, and some stuff slips through...
jeeper_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #9
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I run VP knuckles on two comp rigs (Berg and a AX-10) and a set on my 1.9 scaler I have never had any problems at all with them. Can you post some pictures maybe we can help you get your problem corrected.

Last edited by chip cross; 07-02-2009 at 10:25 PM.
chip cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #10
Like a boss...

Or just to play devil's advocate...why is a problem with the knuckles and not the RCP hubs?

Seriously...nothing against RCP either. I have experienced the opposite problem. I have RCP Hubs and they are too large for the Vanquish Knuckles if you use the stock top hat bushings and too small without.

It's just one of those things when you mix parts....

I use my VP knuckles with stock hubs, GH hubs, axial hubs and all use the top hat bushings with no issues.
mann0mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:32 AM   #11
Keep it real

Quote:

Pics would be the best way to see exactly what's going on. I've run mine with stock, RC4WD, and Axial C's with no issues, but don't have any RCP C's.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:51 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnBkr View Post
Actually, the Egressors are 40Euros ($56.59) + 10Euros ($14.15) shipping = $70.74
Exactly, I priced Egressors too... no thanks... to much $$ for just knuckles.

I got my VP knuckles, and JetBoat's BTA kit that includes an aluminum front servo and lipo batt 4 link mount for $55 total.

Yeah, I am willing to cut a little piece off, especially since I have no plans of going back to IFTA steering.
KvilleKrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

i run VP stuff on my rigs no probs, i think mannomann hit it on the head!
cascade crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
Pics would be the best way to see exactly what's going on. I've run mine with stock, RC4WD, and Axial C's with no issues, but don't have any RCP C's.
I would get pics but the gap is so small it's hard the see in a picture.

I managed to resolve the issue this morning by using countersunk screws instead on button heads to hold them on and all is now well. I think I might have gotten a set where the coating was to thick or something like that.
Tupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:07 AM   #15
"HOLLYWOOD"

Run VP on my 2.2 and 1.9 Knuckles and Rear Lockers and love them also have a 2 set's of comp revolvers on my 2.2 and 1.9 never had any problem with there products customer service or anything, all my stuff came in and worked perfect.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #16
Keep it real

Quote:
I would get pics but the gap is so small it's hard the see in a picture.

I managed to resolve the issue this morning by using countersunk screws instead on button heads to hold them on and all is now well. I think I might have gotten a set where the coating was to thick or something like that.
That makes sense Glad they are working for ya now
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote