Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My new build - Karnage Bodiless Comp Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 06:06 AM   #41
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer View Post
Ok, got the dig together, still need to get the servo mounted and the linkage made.

Here's pics and a little explanation of each:

OK, this is all the parts ready for grease...

Description of parts from left to right:

AX10 Transmission, stock gears, stock output - M3x40mm Phillips head machine screw on far side, stock AX10 transmission screw flipped around on near side - stock ax10 grey links cut to size, and re-tapped with M3 thread - 12MM wheel hex with M3 set screw from MRC on output - 5mm aluminum tubing, with 12MM MRC wheel hex and M3x8MM set screw (tapped into tubing) with other end ground down for the yoke.

12MM socket cut down to size with large washer brazed to it - (top) lexan cut shift plates with a traxxas rod end and M3 phillips head screw - 5x8x2.5 bushing (x2) - 5x8x2.5 ball bearing (x2)

12MM steel nut brazed to 18 gauge steel plate, cut to size - (top) M3x10mm button head screws - Shortened stock driveshaft

Here's everything all greased up and installed:

Dig in locked rear position

Rear Freewheel

4WD

If I were to do this again, I'd think having a lathe and a better torch would have made this a lot easier. So someone out there that has access to a machine shop and can braze can make their own dig for pretty damn cheap (I lost track of cost because some items were part of a package, some I already had, etc.)

When I get the servo figured out, I will post more pics of how it works. I tested it with manually shifting the dig, and it seems to work well. This design requires no torque to keep the dig in each position. Also, since I used the 12 notch socket, it only needs to rotate 30 degrees to get it to line up.

Update coming soon!

Wow!!And a video?
Al3eRtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links