RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial AX-10 Scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/)
-   -   need advice (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/195064-need-advice.html)

kendor 08-19-2009 01:40 PM

need advice

I am fairly new to rock crawling.

I have a stock RTC, and I saw the SWX chassis on sale for $65

I was going to replace the plastic links for the aluminum links. but the SWX kit comes with aluminum links, so I was thinking of just getting that.

My question is, Should I upgrade the chassis, or start upgrading other parts first?

dragit 08-19-2009 01:49 PM

wow you dont even have to search you can just look on the first page there is already 2 topics just like this......

hey kendor let me rephase and i dont want you to be offended by what i said but i have only been into rc crawling for about 4-5 months and rc long before that and have spent alot of my spare time on this site, its just frustrating sometimes when you see the same post come up, not to say that your post isnt valid or worth commenting on. needless to say do what your budget allows for upgrades and have fun thats the main reason i am here and i am sorry if what i said came off as bashing.
your more than welcome to check out my pics on my page, i started with a rtc and it has tranformed overtime into a money pit so be careful....

kendor 08-19-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragit (Post 1950707)
wow you dont even have to search you can just look on the first page there is already 2 topics just like this......

I see topics on which chassis to buy, not anything on upgrading the chassis, or upgrading other parts first.

But what ever. Thanks for the help. I'll just move on.

bigflex 08-19-2009 01:54 PM

Everything needs upgrading to an extent. If you have 65 to spend on a chassis right now then do it but if it were me I would worry about the electronics first. JMHO. "thumbsup"

dblrnut 08-19-2009 02:12 PM

i started with springs and oil first then moved on from there. saved the electronics and chassis for last

kendor 08-19-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragit (Post 1950707)

hey kendor let me rephase and i dont want you to be offended by what i said but i have only been into rc crawling for about 4-5 months and rc long before that and have spent alot of my spare time on this site, its just frustrating sometimes when you see the same post come up, not to say that your post isnt valid or worth commenting on. needless to say do what your budget allows for upgrades and have fun thats the main reason i am here and i am sorry if what i said came off as bashing.
your more than welcome to check out my pics on my page, i started with a rtc and it has tranformed overtime into a money pit so be careful....

Thanks.

yea, I think Ill just make tweaks as things break. It is really easy to get sucked into upgrading.

salmonshark 08-19-2009 05:17 PM

I think if you have 65 bucks to spend on a chassis, then save that and get a little more to upgrade the ESC. The drag brake will be worth it alone. I would recommend the FXR, but that is also JMHO as well.

SS

robbio4422 08-19-2009 05:29 PM

when it comes to upgrades... upgrade what u break... when u break it... or if something is performing under its potential, then change it.

that being said. the ESC is a major crap sack. i would change it out first. the fx-r and motor combo is only $119.

i know people who comp the stock chassis.