Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: integy (msr10) shocks without springs?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default integy (msr10) shocks without springs?!

I just pulled the springs off my integy shocks (msr10) as my articulation was terrible. I noticed the shocks I got from integy have internal springs. I put new oil in and pulled my springs and now I am running with much much better articulation. Anyone ever done this? Should I rethink this?
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #2

Yes, they work very well with droop setup. If you are not doing such extreme crawling then you can use the internal spring for running the truck around. I use them on ax10 w/o the internal spring and I have a WK setup with the internal spring. WK for my kid to run around in the backyard only.
Henry325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default I had not thought about that.

I had not thought about pulling the internal spring and only running the external. Not a bad idea I must say.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #4

I have the same shocks and running with no springs just shock oil, but my seals are seaping and oil is getting low. what weight oil would you guys recommend? the full droop setup works good but now the oils starting to get low the axles just drop like theres no shock..
brandon_6667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Running internal and external springs sounds highly oversprung, you may as well be running stiff buggy springs. Me thinks you are on the right track now sir!
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:15 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Ok. I must say this. I started this thread back in February and am now have those shocks in a bag in the garage. Tried to sell them on craigslist and got absolutely ZERO response. Went to a stock setup and tried to run that with my old FF4 and had about a 4 inch belly clearance so now I am running losi 4" shocks with great satisfaction. Sooo Brandon. I must admit. These shocks did not make it long on my rig. Confirmed the concerns of many here about integy.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:27 AM   #7

I wanna check out the shocks you ended up with, got a link?
brandon_6667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:53 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

i agree that these shocks sucked when i first got them. they are a shorter shock which gives you the less articulation. i have since removed them and went with the stock shocks with softer springs.
Stangrocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

being someone that likes to tinker with the bastard platforms and odd setups, i had to give these a shot. I have a couple sets of them now. bought them all for probably under $40. easy to rebuild, mine don't leak, and i have ran them sprung,and now run them with springs on both sides of the piston, like a tremsetter on a electric guitar floating tremolo. i ran gold springs to hold the rig weight up and the black springs underneath to create a droop; it does the same thing the tremsetter does. it brings it back to a zero setting,in the middle of the shock travel. prevents TT and still keeps articulation where and when i need it.
ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote