Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Dna dig help !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 04:50 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Dna dig help !

Hi , I buy the ax10 Dna Dig ,came without manual but already mount the dig but I donīt figure how to mount the servo and link it to the dig, is there any manual online ? or someone can post a picture ? many thanks

barebones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2009, 05:12 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I use a full size servo and a good one too.
From the top:

and from the side:

Hope this helps.
MadForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:46 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

many thanks for the quick reply , helps a lot , I was thinking to use a mini servo a Hitec 65MG , do you think I need a stronger servo ? did you have to cut that rear junfac drive shafts ?, many thanks
Old 09-29-2009, 06:00 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I have tried a 225mg => poof, a blue bird mini ultra torque (~100oz) => poof, a hobbico mg35 => not enough power. Then went to a towerpro 995mg => great power but after a while the chattering became unbearable for this application, still fine for steering though. Finally decided to drop in a spare high end buggy servo I had collecting dust. That's it, I got the perfect combo, never misses a shift even under suer binds.

No I did not cut the shafts. I bought two short ones to start with and they hold great to extreme amounts of abuse. There are two different lengths of junfacs short and long. Longs are fine for stock AX10 and shorts are great for dig use.
MadForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:41 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadForce View Post
I have tried a 225mg => poof, a blue bird mini ultra torque (~100oz) => poof, a hobbico mg35 => not enough power. Then went to a towerpro 995mg => great power but after a while the chattering became unbearable for this application, still fine for steering though. Finally decided to drop in a spare high end buggy servo I had collecting dust. That's it, I got the perfect combo, never misses a shift even under suer binds.

No I did not cut the shafts. I bought two short ones to start with and they hold great to extreme amounts of abuse. There are two different lengths of junfacs short and long. Longs are fine for stock AX10 and shorts are great for dig use.
Many thanks , Iīll use a airtronics 94358 on that case but I need to cut my rear junfac axle , it is funny because I spend some time mounting the servo and I think it was better to mount it behind the servo plate to low GC and this is I what get :

After some time I receive message from DNA to check this link http://stampedeproject.com/STEP-BY-S...tall-A-DNA-Dig and this is rigth way to do it :

so we get 3 ways to servo mount :-) , many thanks for the help

Last edited by barebones; 10-01-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:20 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Man this helped out alot thanx guy's.........
Bigpopa is offline   Reply With Quote