Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Trouble turning Left

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 02:21 PM   #1

Default Trouble turning Left

I have noticed that my scopion doesn't seem to turn to the left that good. I installed a set of CV u joint axles but it didn't help the problem. It turns to the right superb but left not so much. I still have the stock servo. I put aluminum tie rod kit on it as well but i don't know if that makes a difference. Does anyone know what this problem is and what parts i may need to get to make it go away and turn good. I also have a stock esc and electronic. 45t motor. Don't know if that is it either.
ArmyStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Silly question but have you verified that the servo was "centered" when you put on the arm? For example:

Assuming your servo can turn 90 degrees in either direction, and your servo was already turned 20 degrees to the right when you put on the arm (pointing straight down) It would now rotate only 40 degrees more to the right (understeering on the left) but 110 degrees to the left (over steering to the right).

Short suggestion, take the arm off the servo. Make a mark where the 6 o'clock (or "bottom") position is and then actuate the servo in both directions. If its not equal then you need to adjust the servo, which should be able to be done on your TX.
oSPANNERo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #3

The arm is directly pointing down at 6 o clock. It seems like the servo just doesn't have the grunt to turn left so well. It turns right amazing but not left. How much does a good servo cost. I think there is a Hobbytownusa just off base.
ArmyStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
Gold Star Baby!

When all else fails, 3 rights = 1 left.
RCCtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I agree with centering the servo, It may look right but it probally isnt. Just make sure all your radio trims are at 0 then pop the arm off the servo, and then with the radio on turn the the truck on. The servo should be set at 0 now. Now put your arm back on when your wheels look straight. If you need to you can adjust the trim on your radio to fine tune it but you should have the same travel both directinos unless your radio has a endpoint adjustment and 1 is less than the other
bergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I thought there would have been a zoolander reference before this... oh well...

My theory is either:

weak servo, needs a stronger one...
incorrect length drag link, and/or angle to the knuckle
un centered servo (just take the servo horn off, center the servo trim, and place the horn back on.)
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote