Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: 3Racing shocks ran at 50/50 droop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default 3Racing shocks ran at 50/50 droop

I paid 40 bux for these shocks. First I ran them fully sprung with 40 wt oil. Then I went to full droop with the internal springs that came stock with them and 40 wt. oil...Hated that, and yes i know I needed thicker oil, but even then I don't think I would ever like full droop after I redid my setup by cutting the springs in half and running them 50/50....also with 40 wt. oil. I really was happy with the performance of it on the rocks today, I doubt I would ever switch them back to sprung. Question is, which oil is recommended with this setup for optimal performance? I'm still running the stock 2 hole pistons, but I have single hole pistons, should I switch to them?
Shinobid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Thought I would share some pics of the rig with the droop setup.

without the body...note the still stock TVP's ....yeah, yeah...they haven't bent yet though, so I'm waiting til they do to upgrade.

Butchered Body, but I like it!!

Then theres the Venom skid plate, I also got a decent deal on, so instead of buying a smooth skid plate....I'm gonna fill those grooves with epoxy...whaddaya think of that?

REALLY well balanced now too!

End points took some tweaking especially on the rear shocks since at full compression, both sides, the drive shaft hit my 3 Racing Dig servo plate....I mention this beacuse the shocks are 3 Racing and the Dig is 3Racing, are ya with me...the two don't seem to gel together unless you add your own stops!!! WTF? Anyway, heres what I ended up with in the rear, I added small stoppers to the front shocks just because I wanted to, but the picture turned out worse than this one:

Last edited by Shinobid; 10-09-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I often wonder why I bother posting things on this site...I'm looking for shock oil advice for running 50/50 droop....anyone?
Old 10-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

You're just going to have to play around with shock oils til you find the sweet one, there are no exacting formulas
nismotuningrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

i dont run 50/50 i run full on my ax-10 with a edge chassis and if you are in need or the shocks to be slower id add the 1 hole pistions i run stock axial shocks with 2 hole pistions
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Yeah, I've got alot of motion on front and rear...I think I may switch over to the single hole pistons, still with the 40 wt. I was at my LHS today and the guy behind the counter said he has 20 wt. in the fronts and 80 in the rears....I could try that too I guess.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:11 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

switched to single hole pistons all around and the difference was HUGE!!! still running 40 wt. all the way around...may have to change the fronts back to the two hole pistons though, a bit too stiff up there....