Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Need help choosing motor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 01:03 AM   #1

Default Need help choosing motor

I'm kind of new to this forum I spend most of my time in the Traxxas forum. Anyway I just bought a axial ax10 kit. I am going to use a Traxxas waterproof servo and receiver. I am planning on using my old waterproof Traxxas xl5 esc to stay waterproof but I need help finding a brushed motor. I am looking at either a axial 55t or a novak 55t.
Alex's revo 3.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2009, 01:08 AM   #2

55T is a good all around motor I run one Integy 55T and on my other AX10 a 65T it's just purely on what you want and how fast you want to go, or don't want to go. I prefer my 55t to anything else. but as for brand that is truley what you prefer or are comfortable with.
Mechinary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:50 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

As far as budget machine-wound 55t motors go, they're all about the same. I've ran Integy motors for a long time and they've never let me down. Just avoid the Venom Fireballs.
LincolnBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:23 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Integy/novak/tekin 35-55t, all about the same and fine. The axial motors are too budget but if ya are running in water/snow/mud they are laying in junk boxes all over and can be had for a song (especially the 27t).
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I am still runnign the Axial 55T taht came with my RTC. My FXR esc really woke up that motor, Im glad I didnt change to a 45T at the same time. SO maybe watch some videos and drive some rigs if yo uget a chance to see what motor your interested in as far as turns, and like stated above, most machine wound motors will be close to the same turn count competitors.
mxracer33x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
Integy/novak/tekin 35-55t, all about the same and fine. The axial motors are too budget but if ya are running in water/snow/mud they are laying in junk boxes all over and can be had for a song (especially the 27t).
What do you mean by too budget. I really don't want to spend too much money on a motor because I want to buy a dig unit too. But at the same time I don't want the motor to crap out on me the first time I run it.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #7
RCC Addict

You cant do much to maintian the stock axial 27t. If you are going to be romping in mud and water,(hence the waterproof XL5) you will need to be able to take apart and clean ect. If you want to go faster, get the 35t. If you want brute torque get the 55t. The 45t is a decent mix of both. I run a heavy tuber and I use a 45t, and I Like it.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

How much are you willing to spend? If your going to get a dig, spend a little extra on the motor and not worry about when will it die. Look around you can get some pretty good deals in the vendor section. Go hand wound well worth the extra coin.
ynmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynmech View Post
How much are you willing to spend? If your going to get a dig, spend a little extra on the motor and not worry about when will it die. Look around you can get some pretty good deals in the vendor section. Go hand wound well worth the extra coin.
I don't want to spend too much like under $50. What I the differece of machine and handwound.