Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Homebrew Tuber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 07:24 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

the shocks look WAAAAYYYY better now!!!
samuraikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2010, 06:45 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuraikid View Post
the shocks look WAAAAYYYY better now!!!

X's 2. BUT, the rake angle is now whats throwing it off. Can you move the hoop section back so that the shocks have a "small" angle back. (from the top) Top tilted "slightly" back would be ideal.
Krakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:49 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krakker View Post
X's 2. BUT, the rake angle is now whats throwing it off. Can you move the hoop section back so that the shocks have a "small" angle back. (from the top) Top tilted "slightly" back would be ideal.
Yeah, shouldn't be a problem....Just need to take everything completely off, take the paint off and heat up the hoops to break the solder off. How far back from the centerline of the hoop should it move? To me, it looks like the centerline needs to move around 3/4" backwards. By doing this, the shock will be angled backwards correct? Keep the ideas coming guys

Zack
YJJPWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Hay man, that looks good! looks more like a buggy crawler, I was kinda tired of seeing the same things....honchos....bronco's, jeeps. ect... good to see a fresh Idea once in a while, keep up the good work.
Twiztid Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:07 PM   #25

loven the tuber.
BAM-BAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:35 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

looking sweet so far! Love home builds!
crashmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Default Finally Done!

Well after graduating college, getting a job, and getting engaged, this thing is finally done! To recap, here are the specs on it,

35t HH Torquemaster 540
Axial Transmission/Vanquish DIG
JunFac shafts(when they get here from Korea)
Hitec 7995tg and Hitec 645mg
Tekin Rebell II ESC
CC BEC
Liposhield Lipo Cutoff
11.1v, 2000mah 3s lipo

Enough of that, on to the pictures.

So there it is. I'm still thinking about skinning it with some body panels. Now I just need to finish programming the radio. After I get the junfac shafts in, I will strip everything off and paint, clean up etc...

On a side note, my steering servo has plenty of power, but sometimes it does not want to turn, I have the BEC running directly to it. I can stand the rig directly on its front wheels and saw it back and forth and its fine, but on carpet etc, it sometimes does not want to turn.

Also, I can operate the dig function the "long" way. Meaning I can manually control each point on the Dig. I want to set it to where one position is engaged, one is free wheel, and one is locked. Any ideas?

Thanks guys.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Your servo is struggling to fight the horrendous scrub radius that is caused by the wideners. You'll notice that as you steer the tires move front to back a ton because the steering centerline is so far away from the center of the tire's contact patch. Not only does this make life hell on your steering servo, it also multiplies the stress on the steering knuckles, C-hubs, axlehousings, and axleshafts.

Moral of the story, it may look cool being so wide, but it isn't necisarily going to work better.

Good work on the chassis!
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

I agree on the wideners....I had to put them on there in order to have somewhat a steering radius without the tires rubbing the chassis. Since I have the servo on there, I can limit the turning radius via the transmitter. That should help on the scrub radius. I believe I also need to bump the voltage up from the BEC, its only running 5v right now. Am I correct?