Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: New to forum and crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #1

Default New to forum and crawling

Hello everyone, my name is Kevin, and I am an RC Aholic

I am new to crawling, but not RC cars. I have been off the racing for some time, and I am getting back into it. (1/8th buggy and truggy) Along the way, I picked me up an Axial AX10 ARTR kit. The orange one.

Here is the running gear so far.

Rooster Crawler ESC
Novak 55T Motor
(didnt want brushless. im just not into programming an ESC with my computer, so the Rooster was right up my alley)
Airtronics 94359 Steering servo. (was a left over in my pit box, and I also have 2 new hitec 5955's sitting there too)
Spektrum RX unit
KO Propo EX-10 helios radio
Maxamps saddle packs on order and on their way to mount to front axle.

I have run it a few times with a stick pack in stock form with all these items, and it runs well. However its very top heavy with the stick pack, and likes to topple over.

So true to my nature, I have already decided to trick it out. I purchased a Bender Customs SWX chassis that I will be installed sometime this next week or so.

I have noticed a couple build threads with this chassis, and I will be looking through them. I want it to be a nice low center of gravity crawler, with good parts. Im not looking to compete at all with it, but instead kick my buddies butts when they go crawling.

Like I said, I bought the SWX chassis, and 2 of the Bender Customs 4 link plates. Build up should start soon after I peruse the other threads.

My want list includes new shocks and springs and a dig unit.

What are you guys' recommendations on this? Thanks in advance for any upfront advice. Like I said, I am new to crawling, not RC.

I really want to build a "bolt on" crawler. Im not into fabrication, and I really am horrible at it. I can manage minor things, but its just not my forte. Machining parts aint gonna happen with me. I have hard enough time drawing straight lines with rulers.

I am going to go read through those other threads, and I will be back in a day or two with hopefully an update and some pictures..

Thanks for any advice in advance, and any help I will be asking for.
saychz316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2010, 05:11 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Welcome aboard man, you'll get hooked trust me on that!
You are off to a great start with the stuff you already got. Take it slow, see what works for you and what doesn't and upgrade appropriately, one thing at a time. You are just going to love this thing.
MadForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

i run my swx with losi 4inch shocks works perfect for what i need it to do
welcome to the money hungry hobby
liverkiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote