Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: STRC vs. Axial C-hubs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default STRC vs. Axial C-hubs

Ok I am sick of breaking c-hubs on my car (yep its annoying, sure made crawling at the beach today not so fun ). I am in a tossup between Axial's *CLOCKABLE* C's or STRC's C's...
http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/ax30495.htm
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Carriers-Black

Only RPP has the Axial's in stock (not a big deal) but when I saw the STRC's were about $10 less I was sorta interested. i am used to the lower caster settings of the Axials and am going BTA (home made) on my car so, I am not worried about the front tire rod eating rock. Is there any real difference between the two or will I be content with the STRC's. Just want to make sure I don't bite my self in the end
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
Suck it up!

I prefer the Axial clockables. Its never a bad thing to have the ability to adjust, and I'd rather support Axial as opposed to STRC.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
I prefer the Axial clockables. Its never a bad thing to have the ability to adjust, and I'd rather support Axial as opposed to STRC.
Gotcha, other than "adjustments" there is real no "plus or minus" to either. My plan was to swing by the hobby shop Monday and see what he has, I know he has a lot of STRC stuff so I can check it out then and pray he doesn't charge me $$$$ for it and go that route. I am just sick of those C's of cracking all the time. I really wonder why I went about a year without issues and now I have them break all the time? I blame my rovers
Old 07-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

My STRC ones are just fine. If you don't need to adjust the pinion angle any, just get the STRC's and save a few bucks. I'm also running STRC knuckles (factory style) and they work just fine.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

If you want better caster angles which means better steering and holding hyour line better and better camber lay over. Go with the Axials I have put mine through hell and back many times. The quality is unbeatable!!! the STRC dose not fit tight it is a loose fit, the Axials fit snug.
Robbs2001tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbs2001tj View Post
If you want better caster angles which means better steering and holding hyour line better and better camber lay over. Go with the Axials I have put mine through hell and back many times. The quality is unbeatable!!! the STRC dose not fit tight it is a loose fit, the Axials fit snug.
X2 STRC makes ok stuff but the axial Cs are actually better!
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
X2 STRC makes ok stuff but the axial Cs are actually better!
Right, sounds good, just don't want to go "YOU KNOW!!!" Will place them in my cart on RPP tonight, howcome "no one has them in stock" is my other question!!!
Old 07-04-2010, 12:50 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I think axial has been working pretty hard on the rx10 and the shafty parts have been on the back burner.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

I got couple set of carriers from Venom, and they are just about the same as the STRC ones, but half of the cost. about 10 bucks a pair. It was discontinued from towerhobbies awhile back. I like it. It a solid carrier, but you just can't beat the adjustablitity of the Axial clockables c's.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:16 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
I think axial has been working pretty hard on the rx10 and the shafty parts have been on the back burner.
Right, I have been eyeing them for a long time ever since I broke my first hub and almost killed my car on our first vacation with it Time to pick that and a spare set of axle housings (needed? ). Then just wait till I get the $$$ in for some zero ackerman knuckles
Old 07-05-2010, 02:49 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

iam in the same boat here. does anyone know if these will fit with the hot racing bta knuckles? thanks and sorry for thread jacking if i did
CrawlHer is offline   Reply With Quote