Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: The Yen, The Yang, The Bang Bang Fastback!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Retooling my fastback to make it legal!!

I am not sure what western movie they said that in but this is a yen yang crawler build, or it could be a Seinfeld crawler. Regardless here are the pics.

EDIT

This baby is getting a talking to. Skip to the End.

Last edited by RickM; 05-19-2013 at 08:27 PM. Reason: New parts
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

you only need one thread man delete this one
THE CRAWLER KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

It's Yin Yang Rick. Yen is Japanese currency

The rig looks sick

Last edited by DickyT; 08-07-2010 at 02:17 PM.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

that looks pretty close to mine except your white and black and I'm yellow and black cool!
rockerrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:45 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Thanks Richard, shows you how much I care about all that easter shinto crap. My sister who is a yoga eastern meditation freak would kick my arse. Anyway, so that settles it. Its the Seinfeld crawler after the black and white cookie episode! Crawler King. This is the only thread I have for my fastback, as I just got it yesterday. I am all for forum coolness and all (actually I have much bigger things in my life to worry about) but if this is bothering you then we can giv'r a go to fix it.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
This is the only thread I have for my fastback, as I just got it yesterday.

The Yen, The Yang Fastback. - you made two man Looks like you have way too much going on
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #7
RCC Addict

That was nuts. I did make two. My computer froze up trying to submit the first thread and I went to see if it was posted and it did not appear on my machine. Regardless my duplicate is now gone, and I stand corrected. Thanks for the heads up on that CK.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Driving Observations. I drive it for a bit last night on my backyard course. My dig is not really working the way I want so I did not go into full dig but the one thing I noticed is how much better this chassis drove than my FF4 which I thought drove pretty good to begin with. I noticed how much better it went downhill. I was also going down a bunch in 2 wheel drive front free rear quite a bit and it went down better than the FF4. Very impressed so far and will surely be so much more impressed with the VP dig.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Another FINE Fastback - very nice man.

Good luck with your new dig - I think I know the problem with mine. I have the Hot Racing metal trans case. It took a little grinding (on the trans) to make the dig fit and I think I didn't do enough so it's not aligned properly.

Good Luck.
SG
swollen goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:07 AM   #10
Sometimes, I make things.

Nice truck, I like the black and white. The offset stripe looks great. I bet it would look really good w/ white panels w/ a black set of stripes.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Got the new dig in and then spent a ton of time trying to get the electronics as low as possible. I did drive it some in the haus but I did not get it out on the rocks. Tonight is my night.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #12
No idea what I'm doing

I thought it was "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly"??

Great looking truck though
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

What chassis are you using?
Oso787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #14
No idea what I'm doing

Fastback
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Definitely Juans finest. The Fastback. I drove it around a ton last night on my home made course in the back of the Casa de Rick. The thing hooked up like a fishhook to a bass. Very fun to drive and made some climbs I had never made with my prior setup. Anywho Thanks Juan and I do think it was the Good the bad and the ugly.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Well it is diet time. Now that I got to to spend a bunch of money on a trip to the ER to determine I had a kidney stone, my XR 10 may be on hold for a bit. That being said I am going to put my Fastback on a bit of a diet and see if I can do some damage in the weight loss department. I will post pics soon, and details of the teardown/rebuild.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Need some super techy help here. I just spent the entire night doing everything I possibly could to lower, and even loose some weight. I groved my skid. I lowered my servo tray. I moved my bec to below the servo tray. I actually took my rx out of the case and dropped it below the servo tray. I also stuck my wantasummit under the servo tray as well. As a result the traditional bta will not fit. I will post pics tomorrow but does anyone know of a build that has almost more of a ota rather than bta setup? It may have to look almost something like the berg setups. Thanks
Old 12-23-2010, 11:39 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
Need some super techy help here. I just spent the entire night doing everything I possibly could to lower, and even loose some weight. I groved my skid. I lowered my servo tray. I moved my bec to below the servo tray. I actually took my rx out of the case and dropped it below the servo tray. I also stuck my wantasummit under the servo tray as well. As a result the traditional bta will not fit. I will post pics tomorrow but does anyone know of a build that has almost more of a ota rather than bta setup? It may have to look almost something like the berg setups. Thanks
The only way I know to do an OTA on a AX-10 would be to center your servo. That may kinda put a kink in all the work you just did. But if the servo is centered is works just like 86 Jeep's steering kit for the bergs.
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:54 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Alright. After some careful examining. Much needed sleep and some zen master excersizes I think I'm going to be able to make this all work. Nothing like staying up too late working on this stuff only to wake up early only to see things a different way. I promise pics are coming.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Sleep is waaaaaay overrated. I'll rest when I'm dead!!
Team Tactical Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote