Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: billj's Fastback build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 01:23 PM   #161
No idea what I'm doing

HEY!!!!! Who said you could use that logo?!?!?!?!?

Welcome to RCC JustinThyme! Don't let any of these jokers give you too much of a hard time.

C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #162
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
Looks killer!!!

As a note, and not to sound nit-picky (even tho I am being...) You usually need authorization to use company logo's. I imagine that you are using Axial product, and obviously Underground product, so I doubt they'd say anything. Just letting you know it's possible, however unlikely, that if you went to a big event and the vendors saw that, they may give you grief. Obviously, if you're sponsored by them, it doesn't matter.

Just an FYI to all that read, getting permission is usually not a problem, and could prevent embarrassment in front of friends at an event.

*Stepping off soapbox*
Just a friendly FYI
It's an Axial rig, they should have no problem with their logo being displayed on it. I had a reproduced Axial logo on my Fastback at Nats and no one said a thing about it.

Bill is a UGC team driver, Juan hates it when we use his logo on our rigs, so we do it just to spite him

Welcome to RCC!
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #163
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
HEY!!!!! Who said you could use that logo?!?!?!?!?

Welcome to RCC JustinThyme! Don't let any of these jokers give you too much of a hard time.

everybody's a comedian
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #164
Quarry Creeper

Gee.....some touchy people!

As usual, I think some have chosen to not fully read the post. I stated:

"...it's possible, however unlikely..." that a vendor would raise a fuss.

Then their is the topic of professional courtesy, but we'll skip that.

Let the dog-pile on the new guy resume!!!
JustinThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:34 PM   #165
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Gee.....some touchy people!

As usual, I think some have chosen to not fully read the post. I stated:

"...it's possible, however unlikely..." that a vendor would raise a fuss.

Then their is the topic of professional courtesy, but we'll skip that.

Let the dog-pile on the new guy resume!!!

Have a sense of humor. These guys don't need advise they are the ones giving it.
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #166
I wanna be Dave

Had a comp today in North Palm Beach. Another so so day of driving for me. Today i got 5th, kinda weak. Got beat by LCC,XR-10,2- bergs. When i changed shocks to stock losi 4 inch, i developed a little torque twist. When i had my losi's with cap mod there was no TT.(same oil/spring/shock position) Im thinking i have the top of the front shocks too tight, thus maybe creating a bind? I put up pic of the way i mounted my shocks. I have a revo ball in the shock with fuel tubing on the sides to take up some of the free-play.(side to side) Any advice is welcomed On a good note the wantAsummit converter worked flawlessly, no complaintsI still need to get used to 3rd channel positions. I just need more drive time with it.

Old 10-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #167
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian3323 View Post
Have a sense of humor. These guys don't need advise they are the ones giving it.
I have a sense of humor....note the smilies.

No one is above taking or needing advice on something. If you read a couple posts back, there is a vendor who doesn't like people to use his logo's.

But let's not let this get out of hand, it was just intended as a passing FYI for those that may not be aware of copyright laws.

Cheers!
JustinThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #168
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I have a sense of humor....note the smilies.

No one is above taking or needing advice on something. If you read a couple posts back, there is a vendor who doesn't like people to use his logo's.

But let's not let this get out of hand, it was just intended as a passing FYI for those that may not be aware of copyright laws.

Cheers!
Im a Team Driver for that vendor, you bonehead.(he was joking) Take your own advice and read the WHOLE post. Give it a rest buddy
Old 10-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #169
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by billj View Post
Im a Team Driver for that vendor, you bonehead.(he was joking) Take your own advice and read the WHOLE post. Give it a rest buddy
At least I HOPE he was joking?
Old 10-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #170
Hateraide

if he didnt want his logo used he would sell products and put stickers with orders
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:03 PM   #171
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
At least I HOPE he was joking?

Nope, Juan hates it when we use his logo And when I make video with his logo, and when....
Old 10-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #172
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
Nope, Juan hates it when we use his logo And when I make video with his logo, and when....
There just not getting it
Old 10-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #173
I wanna be Dave

Loosen the front shock mounts up a bit Bill. Mine was just tight enough to hold, but did not squish the tubing in the shock. put a washer on each side to retain it.

I prefer using the axial rubber grommets in my shocks. I had them in the losi shocks on my Fastback.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:45 PM   #174
RCC Addict

Quote:
Loosen the front shock mounts up a bit Bill. Mine was just tight enough to hold, but did not squish the tubing in the shock. put a washer on each side to retain it.

I prefer using the axial rubber grommets in my shocks. I had them in the losi shocks on my Fastback.
Link to the grommets . Im using fuel tubing but it keeps bunching up and causing issues galore, whatever. Looks good though, whats with the soldering job (teasing!)
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:50 PM   #175
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

i dont have fuel tubing in the shock itself, i have a metal ball from a revo end. The fuel tubing is just on the outside to take up some side to side slop.I have never seen the Axial rubber grommets?
Old 10-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #176
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Calvin View Post
Link to the grommets . Im using fuel tubing but it keeps bunching up and causing issues galore, whatever. Looks good though, whats with the soldering job (teasing!)
http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Axial-Rac...6-p-17741.html

I guess shock bushing is the correct term. I like grommet better.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #177
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I know the soldering looks like dog crap, i almost didnt post this pic. Soldering is not my strong suit, in fact im not quite sure if i have a strong suit
Old 10-03-2010, 04:57 PM   #178
RCC Addict

Quote:
I know the soldering looks like dog crap, i almost didnt post this pic. Soldering is not my strong suit, in fact im not quite sure if i have a strong suit
Thanks for the link Richard

Hahha I can be like that, helps when you don't want to cook the electronics BUT get a good joint, very fun . Gota clean up that rats nest of wires before they get sucked into your spur and we hear "my electronics went poof "
Old 10-03-2010, 05:08 PM   #179
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks for the link Richard

Hahha I can be like that, helps when you don't want to cook the electronics BUT get a good joint, very fun . Gota clean up that rats nest of wires before they get sucked into your spur and we hear "my electronics went poof "
Everything around the spur is either in a loom or zip tied. No problem there. It my "joints" never could get them pretty.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #180
RCC Addict

Quote:
Everything around the spur is either in a loom or zip tied. No problem there. It my "joints" never could get them pretty.
Yeah I was just yanking your chain . Heh my biggest issue with crawling besides being stupid (HAHA) is the fact that one bad slip with my messed up knee and it wont be a happy ending! Hey at least you can stay down low and send the car into the danger zone