Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: PipeDreams Sporty FastBack Build!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Yes i get into the shock alittle. But not too bad. I have my links way in ,then the shocks.

I put up pic of two different setups the second one the shocks and links are reversed, didnt like that one too much. Went back to the links on the inside

Last edited by billj; 10-06-2010 at 03:51 PM.
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2010, 03:51 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Ya that's how I have mine setup right now.. I'm going to Zero acker knuckles and a custom bta tie rod. Are your axles maxed out or the tie rod hitting on the diff mount?
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipeDreams View Post
Ya that's how I have mine setup right now.. I'm going to Zero acker knuckles and a custom bta tie rod. Are your axles maxed out or the tie rod hitting on the diff mount?
They hit the mount, but i have done a bunch of grinding on the mount. I think they are pretty close to maxed out.Gotta love the 300's.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Really doesn't look like it's close... look at gunnars and it's insane how far his seem to go into the links or shocks... Meh we'll see.
I ordered my 300's today. I'm in the process of maybe getting a bunch of DH rims too! Had a buddy of mine pm a guy well I was gone and he replied they're mine so now I'm waiting to hear from him and see some pics. Hoping it goes through.
AND I got got my rear mount today.... Finally... customs must have been holding it... thanks Juan!
Old 10-08-2010, 04:47 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

your welcome lol. now get to work and put the new rear mount on so we can crawl tomorrow slacker!
samuraikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by billj View Post
Yes i get into the shock alittle. But not too bad. I have my links way in ,then the shocks.

I put up pic of two different setups the second one the shocks and links are reversed, didnt like that one too much. Went back to the links on the inside
does it not feel like it has lost some stability in decents with the shocks in boarded?
samuraikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Really doesn't look like it's close... look at gunnars and it's insane how far his seem to go into the links or shocks... Meh we'll see.
I ordered my 300's today. I'm in the process of maybe getting a bunch of DH rims too! Had a buddy of mine pm a guy well I was gone and he replied they're mine so now I'm waiting to hear from him and see some pics. Hoping it goes through.
AND I got got my rear mount today.... Finally... customs must have been holding it... thanks Juan!
there is probably more steering in there.If i were to change back to rovers on front, i would have alot more steering. But i really like the sedonas,not changing them. With my 35hw and vp dig i can pretty much spin it around on the rear tire. So im good with what i got Dh's and 300's thats cool!
Old 10-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Kid- ya he says he has experienced some instability but the wider offset rims and tires helped. And thanks for the help on the rims its a go! He's sending me pics tonight!

Billj- Ya I'm a little more concerned with no dig about getting as much steering as I can out of it. I"ll be running a 35t brood motor so I'll have no shortage of power either and I'm hoping with a setup like gunnars I can get close to 50 degrees with them... Although I did notice he has his links and shocks in the stock location and yours are in-boarded which may be why it seems his dig in so much harder... I'm also running in board so we'll see when parts arrive how it goes to get max steering!
Old 10-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #29
Suck it up!

My Sedonas rub on my shocks pretty badly, but it doesn't seem to hurt anything. Just makes a "fup fup fup" noise as they go around.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
My Sedonas rub on my shocks pretty badly, but it doesn't seem to hurt anything. Just makes a "fup fup fup" noise as they go around.
Thats funny, thats the exact noise it makes "fup fup fup"
Old 10-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Duuuuude... I got your mount on today... Had to shorten the uppers from where they were mounted.... then realized after I shortened them that my brother drilled the hole super crooked so now they aren't centered.... I'll run it for now and over winter I'll redo them straight... I'll go order some drill bushings lol
Old 10-08-2010, 10:42 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

I was noticing your rear uppers the other day. You can tell they were a bit off if you look at the rod ends. Jeepin Doug has some great bushings. I think they are like 12 bucks shipped.

If you are wanting to get more steering you can always get some wider offset hubs for your DH's.
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:06 AM   #33
RCC Addict

Ya I saw them before too and the bushing will be on their way next week. Ya once I get my parts I'll get my steering figured out.... one down fall of wider hubs is the whole truck now is wider making harder to fit between gates. Plus it makes the center of the diff seem lower on odd angle climbs... like break over angle front to back with your belly but now side to side with the diff... make sense? Usually its a give and take for things. Everyone loves a low cg but we also love not draggin belly... so where is the happy medium?
Old 10-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

I know what you mean. It seems like you always have to give a little here to gain a little there. Well even with the widest offset you wouldn't be as wide as a berg. Plus after ponying up the $ for 300's you gotta get the most out of em!
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #35
RCC Addict

Ya I want as much of that 50.5 degrees of steering as I can lol. Especially with a sporty! I'll have to tune and see where the give and take isn't worth it any more.. I'm waiting on parts now! Come parts. I'm gonna throw something together today so I can go crawl.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #36
RCC Addict

Well I went crawling yesterday after I lowered my belly a bit to 2 7/8 front and 3 rear. Works good but my front shocks are hitting the upper links when it's flexing. I know I have stock shocks but I have almost 5/8 of spacers inside just to get that belly! How much do the rest of FB guys run? I'm getting big bores soon cause I keep ripping the shock caps off of these. Along with ripping a front shock cap off this time I also destroyed a stock dog bone. Would have made a great vid but to late. Truck jumped in the air on a climb but didn't get up and came down with the left front tire touching the top of the rock first and cranked full.... and BOOM just shattered the ball. I"m hoping to get the front down a little more and file the rod ends a touch where they meet the links... they are a touch bigger and get hung up now and then. Only real big question is how much do you guys run for internal spacers and do your front shocks hit the upper links on articulation too?
Old 10-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well I went crawling yesterday after I lowered my belly a bit to 2 7/8 front and 3 rear. Works good but my front shocks are hitting the upper links when it's flexing. I know I have stock shocks but I have almost 5/8 of spacers inside just to get that belly! How much do the rest of FB guys run? I'm getting big bores soon cause I keep ripping the shock caps off of these. Along with ripping a front shock cap off this time I also destroyed a stock dog bone. Would have made a great vid but to late. Truck jumped in the air on a climb but didn't get up and came down with the left front tire touching the top of the rock first and cranked full.... and BOOM just shattered the ball. I"m hoping to get the front down a little more and file the rod ends a touch where they meet the links... they are a touch bigger and get hung up now and then. Only real big question is how much do you guys run for internal spacers and do your front shocks hit the upper links on articulation too?
I have 1/4" inside and 1/4" outside limiter's on my Losi crawler shocks. My upper front links dont come close to touching my shocks when it is twisted up.Wish i could help more, maybe a better pic of your link/shock mounts?
Old 10-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Ya I'll take some good pics later this week... Gotta hit the road tomorrow and won't be back till fri so I'll try and get some pics then. I'm thinking your losi shocks are a touch shorter then my stock axial shocks which would be why you need less limiters in them. I also noticed your shocks are on the narrow part of the bolt and the links are in the mounts and mine are reversed from that. That would gain me a little more room too... I'll go check out your uppers and where my uppers are too! Thanks for the bit of into bud... I can't wait to get my DH on... Thing is way to light in front!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:04 PM   #39
RCC Addict

Quick gander at your front links and they are under your front plate and mine are over... I should try that maybe... I was hoping to build a new front plate this winter and mount the links at the diff with a horizontal bolt like the new D-mount. Was gonna bend up my own plate then put one of these http://www.rcpcrawlers.com/product.p...&cat=29&page=1 facing the chassis bolted to the front plate and bolt the liks to that... get all the links working on the right plane and it should gain me a little more clearance for my bta with zero Ackerman knuckles and 300's!

Well I got my motor plate ordered but I haven't heard anything on it yet. I got confirmation today my 300's got sent out from tcs. I also got my lhs to order in my big bores and should be here next week. This week I'll be ordering my brood 35t and VP stuff if I can. I tried to order my VP goodies but I'm waiting on them to get a black trans case in stock so I can order. I may have to call them tomorrow and see what I can do. Any one know a vendor that sells VP I can order through? I tried RPP as I normally order lots there but they don't have the trans case and I emailed them to add it but haven't heard anything.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #40
Suck it up!

You might try making some bent upper links...

Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote