Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: PipeDreams Sporty FastBack Build!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Ya I try to research things as much as I can... you'll see who has the most experience here in a short amount of time... go by what they say. Like Gunnar! Been here a while knows what he's talking about as well as many others... Don't be afraid to look at builds and see what they use too!
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipeDreams View Post
Ya I try to research things as much as I can... you'll see who has the most experience here in a short amount of time... go by what they say. Like Gunnar! Been here a while knows what he's talking about as well as many others... Don't be afraid to look at builds and see what they use too!
It took me a while to figure out who to take advise from, but I mostly rely on DickyT and Bill since I am giong to be getting a fastback soon. C hubs and VP knuckles was among the first upgrades I did when I got my truck. Hell back then I thought the TCS Edge was too cool and couldn't wait to get one. Then I saw how tubers perform. But it doesn't take long to figure out who knows their stuff and who is full of sh_t!
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #63
RCC Addict

Ya you can say that again!

I took her out for the last time as she is today! My gf drove and ripped the darn shock apart 3 times and I drove and did it twice... I'd say she's done! Gonna tear it down in the next few weeks and build her back up the right way lol. I forgot to mention HD gears front and UD gears rear plus a BWD light motor plate... I'll edit the post for others! This time I'll make sure I get the camera before I start and take pics along the way!
Old 10-18-2010, 07:31 AM   #64
RCC Addict

Oh I got a couple pics I forgot to post too. One of the upper links where they hit the front shocks. I can't wait to try out a new front plate design. And the last of my stock dog bone that I destroyed! It was supposed to be the spare till my 300's came.

Old 10-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Oh I got a couple pics I forgot to post too. One of the upper links where they hit the front shocks. I can't wait to try out a new front plate design. And the last of my stock dog bone that I destroyed! It was supposed to be the spare till my 300's came.

Will you front upper links fit under the plate? or will it interfere with the bta? Also how far in are your shocks spaced? I only have a 6mm spacer between my shocks and side plates.
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:33 PM   #66
RCC Addict

They may work under the plate. I know I only have a 6mm spacer for the shocks but that's all gonna change soon. Not doing anything till all my parts are here and I'll tear it all down and do everything over. I'll be flipping the shocks upside down on the new build too... I'll get it all to play nicely together.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #67
RCC Addict

Well I spent almost the entire day with Michelle from Krawler Konceptz emailing back and forth getting my nice simple skins designed... Super happy with the great service and want to say thanks a ton. Also thanks to Brood and DT for letting me use some of their ideas and logo's lol.... here's what the new skins will look like!

Nothing over the top just simple. I like the Brood look how it pops out at you! The side panels were a custom design fit from 2 different cut patterns she had and there will likely be a little trimming to be done near the bottom to get it just right. We used the flowing rounded curves from one design and the longer side length from another to get a good coverage and nice lines to match the chassis. Should be really sweet. Waiting on some new skin material so they'll last longer and they'll be on their way... Can't wait to get them on.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Sweet looking skins. I was just looking at billj's side panels last night thinking that it would look good if it were curved on top to match chassis.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:08 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Skins are cool Michelle at Krawler Konceptz is great to work with
Old 10-21-2010, 05:52 AM   #70
I wanna be Dave

The skins look good! Those are way different than mine were, It was completely unnecessary but I still appreciate Michelle asking if she could use my design.

Last edited by DickyT; 10-21-2010 at 05:56 AM.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:38 PM   #71
RCC Addict

Thanks guys... took the whole day emailing back and forth to get the cut right and the style of the skins... guessing well over 50 emails!

DT- HA HA I guess using the carbon was your design... We rotated the UGC symbol 180* and moved it to the center of the top took away all the tribal stuff and kept it simple with an eye popping Brood! Then I realized that the side panels are short and don't go all the way down so we swapped it onto Bill's cut design but I like the nice rounded top so we over laid the 2 patterns. We weren't sure how much to take off on the bottom so we left it big and she's not gonna put any lower screw holes in it so I can trim and drill my lower holes my self. The short skins attach to what looks like the lower link mount hole and the long ones get zip tied.... These I may drill and tap 2 small holes near the bottom of the frame and screw it right to the frame with some small button heads. Hoping once trimmed and drilled the holes won't be right through the brood portion we made it a tiny bit smaller and I guess we'll see. Hope that all makes sense lol.. kinda tired!
Old 10-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #72
RCC Addict

Mmm parts started to show up today... Got my new to me DH pro comps... Oh man I can't wait... It's my b-day on sun and I wasn't expecting any of this till tues! Like an early b-day present! So pumped right now! I'll get pics of everything when I get all of it on my desk.... Thanks bigdaddy13 for the sweet rims.
Old 10-22-2010, 01:45 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Happy Birthday Dude DH pro comps rock!!
Old 10-22-2010, 01:58 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

we'll Happy B-day Mark. Are you coming to Paul's place on saturday?
ped453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 04:53 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Mmm parts started to show up today... Got my new to me DH pro comps... Oh man I can't wait... It's my b-day on sun and I wasn't expecting any of this till tues! Like an early b-day present! So pumped right now! I'll get pics of everything when I get all of it on my desk.... Thanks bigdaddy13 for the sweet rims.
I thought this was your girlfriend's rig? Lol
Old 10-23-2010, 10:12 AM   #76
RCC Addict

Thanks guys... LOL it is her's but she doesn't get excited to build them like I do... I ditched the ss to build an XR in spring once all the nice parts are out. Till then I live through her rig lol... She just likes to drive and keep up with the boys lol
Old 10-24-2010, 10:57 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Well it's been a productive weekend. Fri I went to my machinist buddies and we worked on my custom JND type spring cups. After a couple revisions we got a set that are just what I wanted. After that he let me jump on the lathe and he refreshed my lathe work from grade 10. Took some stock and made a link drill bushing for 1/4" for now. It's 1" long total with 1/2" for the bit and for the stock... Makes the bit not only center but nice a straight too. He'll run a 5/16 and 3/8 for me this week. Spent today working on all my rim/tire combos. Gonna mount up a set of rovers and a set of sedona's to 4 of the DH I just got for the front. I'll be picking up a set of SLW's as soon as VP gets enough black transmission cases back in stock that I can order it all at once, and mounting a set of rovers to those for the rear. On a set of eritex rims I'll mount up a set of leopards that came on the DH's when I got them. That should leave me with enough tire options for all kinda rock. The rovers seem to work better then the sedonas's when the rock is cold so that's why I'm keeping a set on DH... A fair bit of our crawling season isn't super hot up here and the stuff that is normally the bugs are pretty bad. We'll see once we get on the rocks... might only want to use one set. Might even mount up a set of PINK rovers for the wet and cold days... we'll see as time goes. In a couple days I'll get some pics when I get back from a work trip. I also got a gift cert for my b-day today as I was expecting, so I'll be grabbing my FXR soon from my LHS. Lots of the parts should start showing up this week. Next weekend I'll start the build up with lots of pics. Can't wait to get this done and hopefully hit the rocks before it snows! I'll drive this thing and get it all dialed in until spring comes and I can grab an XR. Then I'll give her her rig back
Old 10-25-2010, 08:15 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

PD, Are you runniing the 3.5" or 4" big bores. Most of the guys in my local club run 3.5" big bores on their moon buggies with losi mini springs. They work quite well. I am not sure about the 3.5" on a fastback though.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:26 AM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well it's been a productive weekend. Fri I went to my machinist buddies and we worked on my custom JND type spring cups. After a couple revisions we got a set that are just what I wanted. After that he let me jump on the lathe and he refreshed my lathe work from grade 10. Took some stock and made a link drill bushing for 1/4" for now. It's 1" long total with 1/2" for the bit and for the stock... Makes the bit not only center but nice a straight too. He'll run a 5/16 and 3/8 for me this week. Spent today working on all my rim/tire combos. Gonna mount up a set of rovers and a set of sedona's to 4 of the DH I just got for the front. I'll be picking up a set of SLW's as soon as VP gets enough black transmission cases back in stock that I can order it all at once, and mounting a set of rovers to those for the rear. On a set of eritex rims I'll mount up a set of leopards that came on the DH's when I got them. That should leave me with enough tire options for all kinda rock. The rovers seem to work better then the sedonas's when the rock is cold so that's why I'm keeping a set on DH... A fair bit of our crawling season isn't super hot up here and the stuff that is normally the bugs are pretty bad. We'll see once we get on the rocks... might only want to use one set. Might even mount up a set of PINK rovers for the wet and cold days... we'll see as time goes. In a couple days I'll get some pics when I get back from a work trip. I also got a gift cert for my b-day today as I was expecting, so I'll be grabbing my FXR soon from my LHS. Lots of the parts should start showing up this week. Next weekend I'll start the build up with lots of pics. Can't wait to get this done and hopefully hit the rocks before it snows! I'll drive this thing and get it all dialed in until spring comes and I can grab an XR. Then I'll give her her rig back
Sounds like your adding a ton of great partsCant wait to see the pics!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:08 AM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Can't wait to see pics PD!
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote