Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Proud owner ;)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Proud owner ;)

Welp I've had my SCX-10 for a while! so I thought hey time to get a AX-10! have the best of both worlds ;) sooo I went on Craigs list found a used one to try out and got umm screwed I think!? lol don't as me how much kinda burns still but with a few upgrades and tweaks I think I can make it decent for not a lot rundown real fast of what came with it

AX-10 (seems like the stock kit)
Novak 55t and Rooster Crawler ESC
4 wheel steer
DX3 Spectrum Radio
The pro-line Bead -locks (with weights) 2.2 I believe
Pro-line Tires
Pro-line Chevy body (thinking I'm going to get a rock crawler body)
And (looks like 2 packs together) MaxAmps Lipo 1720mah 7.4
also the manual lol
Pics to come it needs love any input would be helpful

Also is it good to keep the 4 wheel steer if I'm just starting out with rock crawling?
rcmaniac78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Sounds like you got a decent package depending on what you paid. The radio, motor and esc alone would cost about the same as a rtr ax10. I am pretty new to crawling and am still working on mine yet but have found that there are a lot of older threads on here that helped me a lot.
Bruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruz View Post
Sounds like you got a decent package depending on what you paid. The radio, motor and esc alone would cost about the same as a rtr ax10. I am pretty new to crawling and am still working on mine yet but have found that there are a lot of older threads on here that helped me a lot.
Thanks Bruz ;) I paid 300 for it, the radio seems to be a bit of a pain to use lol gotta look on line to see what all the buttons are for but yeah I'm working on getting some pics uploaded tonight
Old 10-04-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Congrats on the new truck..
smokediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #5
cherry bomb

congrat's, $300 is a fair price for a local buy, I wouldnt feel burned at all for what you got, decent score! post some pics!
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I have the same radio and am still learning how to use it myself but can tell you the left row on the top change nothing unless you rebind your controller to the reciever. I like the idea of the bind and drive because for future toys I only need to buy a reciever and rebind the same transmitter to the new reciever. Spektrum has manuals online you can view. Your post does not say wich model you have but guessing 3.0 from your post. here is a link to that radio manual.
http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...l_SPM20320.pdf
Old 10-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Pics incoming! enjoy! feed back is more the welcomed!

This last pic is of the body that came with it going to get a decent crawler body and probably out this one on my scx-10 ;)

Again let me know ideas or w/e
Old 10-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokediver View Post
Congrats on the new truck..
SMOKE! whatttt up bud ;) how you been? and ty!
Old 10-05-2010, 05:59 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Nice truck, I like that body. If your going to comp with it, you cannot have rear steer. Other wise looks like you came out alright on the deal.
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:28 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by billj View Post
Nice truck, I like that body. If your going to comp with it, you cannot have rear steer. Other wise looks like you came out alright on the deal.
Thanks man ;) Should I just take out the rear steer to get used to not having it? I mean I don't even know how to use this radio yet haha
Old 10-05-2010, 07:14 AM   #11
cherry bomb

If you plan on comping I'd take rear steer out to get used to the truck in comp-form. My buddy runs rear steer and I have all the stuff to go rear steer and I choose not to cause I'm afraid I'll start relying on in. And when comp time comes I'll be a lost dog with a truck I don't know how to drive.

Great photos. That bod defenatly looks better suited for a scaler, I like it though.
Now action shots !
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:03 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmaniac78 View Post
SMOKE! whatttt up bud ;) how you been? and ty!

I am doing good just working my butt off. Truck looks good I think you will enjoy driving it and comping with it.
smokediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:17 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Thanks guys just trying to figure out how to steer it lol working on the radio now
Old 10-05-2010, 02:15 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

omg this radio... I can't get it to switch to steer the front wheels...
Old 10-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

Is the steering on each axle on a seperate channel? If so when your turn the steering wheel on the side of the remote which axle turns? It is possible the front is plugged into the aux channel instead of steering channel. I am not real familiar with dual axle steering but it's my understanding they turn together at the same rate or independently using a third channel. If they operate independent the rear should be on aux and use the 3 position switch on the remote(right, left, and straight). Sombody please corect me if I am wrong but these seem like good places to start looking for the trouble.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:09 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Is the steering on each axle on a seperate channel? If so when your turn the steering wheel on the side of the remote which axle turns? It is possible the front is plugged into the aux channel instead of steering channel. I am not real familiar with dual axle steering but it's my understanding they turn together at the same rate or independently using a third channel. If they operate independent the rear should be on aux and use the 3 position switch on the remote(right, left, and straight). Sombody please corect me if I am wrong but these seem like good places to start looking for the trouble.
The rear is plugged into the aux and it works when I turn the wheel, the front is the one that isn't working it's like the thing is maxed out full to the right or something I plug the front servo into the aux and it works it's almost like the slot one for steering isn't working right I would LOVE for them both to work at the same time lol
Old 10-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #17
Rock Stacker

It may indeed be maxed to one side. Try removing the servo horn and turning on the radio. Center the trim knob on the radio so you have the same amount of adjust in either direction with the servo horn off. Then align the wheels straight and put the servo horn back on. It has happened to me before when I got in a rush on reasembly and forgot to make sure the servo was centered before putting the horn back on.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
It may indeed be maxed to one side. Try removing the servo horn and turning on the radio. Center the trim knob on the radio so you have the same amount of adjust in either direction with the servo horn off. Then align the wheels straight and put the servo horn back on. It has happened to me before when I got in a rush on reasembly and forgot to make sure the servo was centered before putting the horn back on.
Thats what I thought and Tried all that on the radio it's all digital and I looked for the manual and couldn't find it on their website :/
Old 10-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #19
Rock Stacker

I posted a link to the dx3 manual in the post after your pics. Judging by the one in your pics it is an older model than the one shown in the manual but the basic operations should be the same.
here it is again,
http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/F...l_SPM20320.pdf

My thinking was the servo horn may be on the servo turned to one side of center or the other. perhaps from a hard hit to the steering. If you turn the reciever and transmitter on at the same time with the servo horn disconected it will put the servo at it's center point. Then set the trim so you have as much left either direction and reconect the servo horn to the servo with the wheels straight.

Last edited by Bruz; 10-06-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

I'll try all that again if I can't get it to work I might toss another radio I have in it and see if it works then if so I know it's just settings I like this radio just figuring it out is a dam pain lol going to order a new body for it tomorrow and I hope if the weather is decent get some action shots of it this weekend