Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My Fastback build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 06:25 PM   #21
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post

But for a newbie, if a product is listed as a generic version and an AX-10 version, with no other clarification, it is not illogical to assume the AX-10 version works with the AX-10!
You are correct, and this is an oversight on my part. Most of my website work is done late at night, and I'll be the first to admit that it needs work.

Actually on a serious note, I do want to thank you for pointing it out...I'll spend some time on it to try and be a bit more clear
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2010, 07:13 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I've already made an appointment with RickM to work on my Fastback upgrade this Sunday. I have to buy a few parts, and he has some delrin for rods, so things look good.

Good deal! If you have any questions that Rick can not answer (he should have most of them, he has PM'ed me enough questions) drop me a line. I am always happy to help anyone that crawls Underground style. Especially when it gets to tuning time. I don;t know if you have had a chance to see any of thee Fastback video's I have made, but I'm pretty good at making them work well
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:29 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
all kidding aside....

I have seen a Fastback in action and I was very impessed. Give it some time, a little love and some longer links lol and I think that you will love it!
I hope that was my Fastback you're talking about!
kcmng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmng View Post
I hope that was my Fastback you're talking about!
Yup!
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:07 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

WOW that really got the hackels up in the back of eveyone's head. looks like your going to become an engineer now huh! Have fun with the build you'll love the outcome!

as for Juan... looks like you have to make everything clear or people will be lost.
(I put the bullet in the gun I didn't know I had to pull the trigger!)

I think your products are awesome!
rockerrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:30 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Had a great visit with Mike about setting up his rig and we are excited to get a new FB in the rocks Sunday. Now as far as the flaming on this tread lets get that behind us and welcome Mike/Justinthyme to the RC world and do the same thing you all did for me (especially Juan, Dickyt, and Don-bwd) and get ready to offer tips and ideas on setup. I have found this forum and locally the RC crawling community to be some of the nicest and smartest guys to be around so, so welcome to the inner circle Mike and I look forward to Sunday.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:50 AM   #27
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post

Welcome to RCC JustinThyme! Don't let any of these jokers give you too much of a hard time.
Agreed....once again, welcome to RCC

and don't let any of these jokers give you too much of a hard time
Old 10-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Agreed....once again, welcome to RCC

and don't let any of these jokers give you too much of a hard time
You ok there boss? Agreeing with yourself?
Old 10-08-2010, 01:08 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Thanks gang!

I'll so some YouTube searches and see what I can find, as well, as dig farther back on this forum for other build posts.

CHUD, I had no intent to come across as a flamer about this, and I hope I didn't. I just wanted to let other newbies aware.

I picked up the parts Rick said I needed today, and I'll strip everything off the AX-10 chassis so we're ready to hit the ground running Sunday. I'm anxiously looking forward to get this puppy running!
JustinThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

I'll save you some searching on the video threads:

Underground Crawlers Fastback and FF-4's at Haulover

Underground Crawlers Fastback and FF-4's at Haulover

I am expecting a proper build thread with pics and without the :( icon I enjoy looking at others Fastback builds.

Last edited by DickyT; 10-08-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:15 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

I just got home from RickM's, and have v1 of my Fastback up and running!

Rick was exceptionally gracious and helpful. He had extra delrin from his build, so he had 4 precut links waiting for me. He also modified the front servo/bat mount with a unique adapter for making the front 4 link. I have some pix, but lost my interface cable for my camera. I'll try to get some pix up soon.

Now I have a little tidy up work to do with the electronics....reverse the ESC, route wires, etc. I'm anxious to get this on some rocks tomorrow.

Many thanks again, Rick, your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #32

Hey if you don't like your fastback I'd be interested in it If you decide not to try the build that is...
tripleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

No, the build is complete...fully functional. Only step left is to make body panels. It'll get it's first trip on the rocks tomorrow, so I'll let you all know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleR View Post
Hey if you don't like your fastback I'd be interested in it If you decide not to try the build that is...
Old 10-10-2010, 06:35 PM   #34
RCC Addict

No worries Mike. Pleaseure to meet you today and enjoyed seeing your rig take shape. If that front mounting bracket for the upper links becomes a winner you and I need to take our show on the road!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #35
No idea what I'm doing

Great news! Thanks to Rick for helping Mike out, and thanks to Mike for not giving up on me...Looking forward to some pictures
Old 10-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

I did a bit of work on it yesterday, rerouting wiring. With the small internal space, this is very important both to keep out of the spur gear, yet still keep your bat/ESC leads accessible.

I have a small change being made tonight....slightly shortening the rear lower links to get a better driveshaft angle.

I promise, pictures will come soon!

I'm also going to compile a parts list so that future newbies are aware of what they need to make the upgrade.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:45 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Glad you got the rig up and running.

Again a big "Right On!" to RickM.

Quote:
I have a small change being made tonight....slightly shortening the rear lower links to get a better driveshaft angle.

Try a D-Mount from UnderGround. Best rear 4 link mount IMO. You would be able to adjust your driveshaft angle without having to shorten your links. Plus it just flatout works! Frees the links from binding and adjustability is plentiful. Plus its a great price.

Cant wait to see some pics

-
TOMCAT18T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
slightly shortening the rear lower links to get a better driveshaft angle.

Unless you are over 12.5 inches adjust the upper link lengths to change pinion angle.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the tips.

I do plan on getting a D-mount, no question about it. But I'm running at or slightly above 12.5", so I think the lower link adjustment is necessary. I'm not getting a lot taken off, just a couple mm. If the D-mount makes this unnecessary, I'll just add a couple washers back on the end of the arm.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Hey man. Those links should get you to a compressed 12.5 but I am not sure if I was doing my measurement based on using the old non revo rod ends. Adding the revo ends might just have gotten them a little on the longish side. The one thing that is a bit on the interesting side is your drive shaft. I always used the traxxas or stockers based on having a dig. I never had the challenge of running without a dig. Any ideas guys?

Also when Justinethyme gets the pics up you will see a little shade tree engineering done on his upper front link mount at the servo tray. Takes some of the rear mount setup from Juan and adds it to the front.

Last edited by RickM; 10-11-2010 at 09:43 PM.