Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: My Fastback build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
Hey man. Those links should get you to a compressed 12.5 but I am not sure if I was doing my measurement based on using the old non revo rod ends. Adding the revo ends might just have gotten them a little on the longish side. The one thing that is a bit on the interesting side is your drive shaft. I always used the traxxas or stockers based on having a dig. I never had the challenge of running without a dig. Any ideas guys?

Also when Justinethyme gets the pics up you will see a little shade tree engineering done on his upper front link mount at the servo tray. Takes some of the rear mount setup from Juan and adds it to the front.

Does it look anything like this? This is version 4 for me. I have been working on it for a while and I think this is the best one yet. I talked to Juan about maybe producing this a while back, but he is covered up with XR10 right now. Maybe we could put our heads together and put some into production.
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2010, 02:01 PM   #42
RCC Addict

For all that Flamed Mike and praised me for helping him out the other shoe has fallen. I met Mike today to some crawling at a LHS that has an indoor rock garden. We both broke down, but thats not the point. If you look at the two pictures below you will see his thank you for my help with his FB, and you will also see the link setup we made out of delrin for the front uppers of his truck. Mike and you guys were all nice to offer up praise to me for helping out Mike but I was glad to help. Now I was not looking for anything in return other than to help him out, and this is how he repays me. He gives me a truck that I can now run with my kids when they are running there slash trucks as a thank you when I was struggling to find the cash to pick one up. Mike gave me a truck as a thank you but he has given me another outlet to enjoy time with my sons. Sooo if front of God and you all I would like to offer Mike a hearty thank you. So you all will also know Mike was a helo pilot in Iraq with the Marines he deserves a thank you from us all as we now can enjoy the freedom to spend way to much time and money on a hobby. First Class guy for sure.

RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:30 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
For all that Flamed Mike and praised me for helping him out the other shoe has fallen. I met Mike today to some crawling at a LHS that has an indoor rock garden. We both broke down, but thats not the point. If you look at the two pictures below you will see his thank you for my help with his FB, and you will also see the link setup we made out of delrin for the front uppers of his truck. Mike and you guys were all nice to offer up praise to me for helping out Mike but I was glad to help. Now I was not looking for anything in return other than to help him out, and this is how he repays me. He gives me a truck that I can now run with my kids when they are running there slash trucks as a thank you when I was struggling to find the cash to pick one up. Mike gave me a truck as a thank you but he has given me another outlet to enjoy time with my sons. Sooo if front of God and you all I would like to offer Mike a hearty thank you. So you all will also know Mike was a helo pilot in Iraq with the Marines he deserves a thank you from us all as we now can enjoy the freedom to spend way to much time and money on a hobby. First Class guy for sure.

Now its JustinThyme"s turn, Way to go Mike, This is a pretty good story.
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:31 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

That was a cool move Mike, thanks for hooking Rick up!
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Thanks. I had just wanted to show my appreciation, and I wasn't using it.....ran 3-4 times I think, so I thought it would go to better use. I have other cars/trucks to occupy my time.
JustinThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:10 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Finally, a few pictures.

Here's my build, what do you think?

Actually, that was what I showed up at RickM's with. Basically, both axles with wheels, driveshafts, tranny and shocks.

Here is the front upper link mount that Rick manufactured:

Here's the rear link mounts. Notice the spacers at the top of the shocks:

The finished product:

And in first action:

And there are continued updates. Just got in C*H*U*D's D mount for the rear upper links, and a few other goodies from RickM.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #47
Hateraide

See a little work patience and time and its pretty amazing what comes of it, i think you just came out wrong to people but once everyone calmed it worked out and now you got your rig running, i would try to run you front shocks and links a little wider on the lowers if you can

oh to making your own panels and skins are easy to here is the link and you can print it out you can run full panels or half ones

http://www.undergroundcrawlers.com/i...-%20Sheet1.pdf

Cody
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #48
Sometimes, I make things.

Awesome work guys, glad to see this came to life. I didnt mean anything i said to come across as "flaming" so i hope it wasnt taken that way. I apologize if i came across that way.

Good story here for sure about how hobies like this can bring people together to form a constrictive relationship. If you need some wheels and tires for your truck, i have some stock BFGoodrich 2wd slash wheels and tires i will give you a deal on, if your interested let me know. The Short Course trucks are tons of fun, i always have a blast with mine w/ my friends.

The fastback is looking good, more i see them the more i want one. I hope you have a ton of fun with it, and crawling is something you really enjoy. I know it brings me a ton of fun, wether its building something or beating the tar out of it on some obstacles.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Been having some fun with the Fastback. When I met RickM and crawled at Mike's HS, I broke a steering knuckle. But having already purchased aluminum Venom's, I wasn't worried about it. I also added in STRC C-hubs and Integy shocks. I also added Underground Crawlers D-Mount.

All was well, and then my rear driveshaft takes a dump....broken at the universal joint next to the tranny. Gonna order a Juntec.

Slowly but surely I'll get it as bulletproof as possible, and I'm having lot's of fun doing it!
Old 10-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Hey man. Was wondering about you. Hoping all is well. I think you will be happy with the junfac's as I am as well. The word is that the pins are not as strong in the junfac's. I had my pins fall out on mine but I used a tiny amount of jb weld on the outside of the bell and then heat shrinked them and I am now happy as a clam with them. Hope everything else is working out good. I would love to hook up again and try to crawl some more. Maybe this time we can keep pour trucks half way together this time!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:16 AM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Thought I might meet you and RickM at North Texas comp last Saturday. My fastback was the only one there. It was a great event though. Hopefully you guys can make it to the next one. I think it is not till after the holidays.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #52
RCC Addict

I wanted to go badly but my son and I had a yguides campout. I probably won't be able to do a full comp season but will be at some. My kids are just a little to young to hang for a full day and therefore my time is split.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

I understand that one. I have a 3yr old son and a 4yr old daughter. My wife is a nurse and works weekends, so they go with me where ever I go on the weekends. There were a bunch of kids there though. They had a blast! It was a little nerve racking with them climpbing on seven foot tall rocks though. Bring them out to the next one. They just have to ask for Brooklynn. She is very out going and kid she meets is her friend.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:16 AM   #54
Quarry Creeper

sweet rig you'll have to keep us posted on how it handles and every thing else that comes up..
roninwarrior555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:07 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

The truck is looking good Can you get us some action shots on the rocks?
Old 10-27-2010, 06:20 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

As it turns out, I do have a couple pix from Mike's.

On the rockpile:

After fall from rockpile:

Fixed and with a hack job skin at my local rockpile:

Now, once I get my new driveshafts I'll be back up and running. I definitely need some nice skinz made.

My truck is presented in Technicolor! I have about 5 different shades of metal on there now!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:37 PM   #57
No idea what I'm doing

Totally dig the roof panel
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:20 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Truck looks good, and so does that indoor rockpile
billj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:24 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

You ever gonna turn that frown upside down on your build thread?
Old 10-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Pics look great, how is it driving for you?

Last edited by DickyT; 10-28-2010 at 08:04 AM.