Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: 1/8 tires & wheels?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 1/8 tires & wheels?

Has anyone tried or seen 17mm 1/8th (or super) tires & wheels on an AX-10?

If so, could you posts some pics?

Seems like it would be fun to stretch, droop and gear down an AX-10 then slap some 8" narrows on it.

Thanks
16hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2010, 05:48 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I tryed it with moab xl's twised the locker and a axel shaft off.
whalebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I've tried several "exotic" mods to vehicles, and they have usually been far from successful, as I was looking to do something rather extreme, like your suggestion. (I have a 1/8 buggy getting electric work now, as my latest "project" vehicle)

So you want to make a long low-rider? How much speed do you want out of it? I don't think I'd put anything under a 27T with the stock tranny, and then I'd be cautious with the gearing.

What is the standard Axial hub hex.....12mm? Do a web search for 12mm to 17mm wheel conversion. A basic low profile 1/8 buggy wheel is almost exactly the same diameter as the stock Axial wheel/tire.

Your best bet is to go ahead and setup what you want, but try it out very conservatively. Low profile tires, gear for more torque, make your first rides very short, and use a temp gun on the motor/ESC. Plan up front on frying a motor or ESC, breaking axels, stripping gears, etc. Consider what other components you may want to upgrade before running it.
JustinThyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post

What is the standard Axial hub hex.....12mm? Do a web search for 12mm to 17mm wheel conversion.
AKA makes a 17mm hex conversion for the Traxxas slash trucks to run 1/8th buggy wheels and tires. I'm sure theres a way you could make it work for this too
crfnick56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:07 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
I've tried several "exotic" mods to vehicles, and they have usually been far from successful, as I was looking to do something rather extreme, like your suggestion. (I have a 1/8 buggy getting electric work now, as my latest "project" vehicle)

So you want to make a long low-rider? How much speed do you want out of it? I don't think I'd put anything under a 27T with the stock tranny, and then I'd be cautious with the gearing.

What is the standard Axial hub hex.....12mm? Do a web search for 12mm to 17mm wheel conversion. A basic low profile 1/8 buggy wheel is almost exactly the same diameter as the stock Axial wheel/tire.

Your best bet is to go ahead and setup what you want, but try it out very conservatively. Low profile tires, gear for more torque, make your first rides very short, and use a temp gun on the motor/ESC. Plan up front on frying a motor or ESC, breaking axels, stripping gears, etc. Consider what other components you may want to upgrade before running it.

No, more like an Axial based super shafty. Geared low, long links and shafts, wide front axle and mondo servo to steer something like 40 series rok loks. Maybe throw on a dig to be able to turn the thing at all. The hub conversion is no prob.
i guess it would look like a Super Bully, only shafty. IDK

p.s. justin, thanks for serving.
16hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:44 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16hp View Post
p.s. justin, thanks for serving.
THank you kindly.
JustinThyme is offline   Reply With Quote