Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: Scorpion RTC or Losi Night Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #1

Default Scorpion RTC or Losi Night Crawler

Hey guys I cant make up my mind on which crawler I should invest into, both of these crawlers have a lot of nice things about them. Im kind of a begginer and dont plan on spending a bunch of money on new parts so IM just mainly looking for a crawler that is reliable and good out of the box.

Pleae leave suggestions and comments about these crawlers.
ridebmx48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Get the axial scorpion cause later on there plenty of up grades for it. I have 1 and it my favorite crawler
Attached Images

rockn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

right out of the box the night crawler is better. the axial will take several upgrades to be at the same level. so if i had to choose between the two i would pick the night crawler
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoj View Post
right out of the box the night crawler is better. the axial will take several upgrades to be at the same level. so if i had to choose between the two i would pick the night crawler
Honestly i would have to agree with that Ive seen right out of the box with the night crawler and its performers was allot better then the axial but they are to different worlds.
rockn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

all of my axials have the strc 4 link plates and maxx shocks...mostly stock and it crawls like a dream
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:11 PM   #6

Default Scorpion or Night Crawler

I was in the same place as you a week ago

Here is what we did and why:
Why we choose the AX10

Bob

Last edited by therobesons; 11-07-2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: spelling
therobesons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #7

hi im relatively new as well but i have a friend who has both and he says the ax10 far out crawls the losi, so on his recommendations i got an ax10 and haven't looked back since and parts are pretty cheap too. go axial you wont regret it.
scoobysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by therobesons View Post
I was in the same place as you a week ago

Here is what we did and why:
Why we choose the AX10

Bob
Cool man, I think I'll go with the axial. I havent really heard anything bad about axial products
ridebmx48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I have driven both the Night Crawler and the AX10, I own one

Simply put the Night Crawler's amazing with the lower CG but the worm drive is a blessing and a curse. Sure its great with the tiny "pumpkins" but the lack of wheelspeed and the need for brushless.... well it isn't to nice. And the lack of run time kills everything. So for now im happy I went axial, and they seem to have parts at every hobby shop around so
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #10

I own two axials ax10's and a losi night crawler, out of the box, the night crawler will out crawl the axial every time, it has 0 akerman steering knuckles , so it will far, out turn the axials, it has better tires out of the box, lower center of gravity, and comes with 2.4 radio, for my money, its the losi night crawler
colgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:58 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Either way u go it will be a great choice. Both rigs are very good
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

losi has better electronics but axial is the way to go axial has more support and has a slipper clutch to protect the drive terain
XxRockStar199xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:15 AM   #13

I have an Axial AX10 RTC, love it, lots of parts, and it crawls awesome (once you mod the foams and tyres a bit).
mbvdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:34 AM   #14
Sometimes, I make things.

If you don't want to spend a lot on upgrades go with the LNC. The basic upgrades you will make to it will essentially be what you would upgrade on the Axial anyways, like motor, ESC and Servo. That's all the LNC really needs to be pretty impressive, I put a MM and a Revolver in mine I had sitting around and a 5645 servo I had sitting and it is much better now. I stilll need a much stronger servo. The Losi axles are a nice design and the LNC axles have all the latest tough parts from Losi, and you can get your wheelspeed back with 3 or 4 cell lipos. I put 3s in mine and I am very happy with it. Runtimes are pretty good to, w/ 1300mah packs I see 15-20 minet runtimes, plenty of time to overheat and kill your motor so no worries there, if its hot you don't need a ton of runtime as you need to let the rig rest now and then anyways.

This question has popped up a lot recently, and it is a good question. I like the Axial stuff, and the Losi stuff, but if I had to choose one over the other purely for crawling, I would go with the Losi for sure. One nice thing w/ the worms is they work naturally as a dragbrake so you can get a cheap ESC w/o the drag brake feature and either save that money or spend it elsewhere on the rig.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:09 AM   #15

ridebmx thanks for the link it helped out
dinodbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:09 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

I heard the new Axial RTC comes with 2.4 gHz Radio and reciever for the same price as the old one.

I sometimes wish I had gotten the Losi, but a word on battery run times. My 1300mAh 2S Lipo lasts over 40 minutes in my AX10 with a Novak Rooster Crawler ESC and Fifty Five motor geared 16/84. So it seems to double the battery life of the Losi.
madkawi650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #17

I'm thinking about getting the Losi Nightcrawler, since it seems and I have heard that out of the box it is an awsome crawler for the price. I do have questions though. Can you turn the lights off to extend drive time? Is a dig unit available for it?
Ruger337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:25 PM   #18

i have an axial and love it. i did have to change a few things, driveshafts (broke stock ones) and added 4link and it works great.
good luck, either way i'm sure you will have a good time
Banshee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

for those interested in the night crawler... check out RPP hobby, they have a nightcrawler with spektrum dx3e for $249.99!!! good deal IMO
mudn_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #20

I went with the AX10 for several reasons. There are a ton of upgrades for this rig. Now comes with a 2.4 radio. 2s Lipo capable esc, and the Axial customer service is really good.
Dooom is offline   Reply With Quote