RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial AX-10 Scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/)
-   -   ax10 steering issue (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/282043-ax10-steering-issue.html)

bro_die 11-21-2010 04:47 AM

ax10 steering issue

Ive got this ax10 Ive been switching from many different kids of steering servos but its not helping. When steering to the left its just does fine but when I steer right feels like the titanic trying to make a U turn. Only does it when I steer left but steering right is fine. Also do you guys have any tips to better my suspension? Hoping for some good flex to keep up with the rocks. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

shizzz 11-21-2010 07:14 AM

r u using a stock esc?

BLKXJ 96 11-21-2010 07:14 AM

Depending on your radio set up it may not let it steer all the way in one direction or the other. I noticed this happening to me when I was running the RTC electronics.. until I got a radio where I could adjust the end points. This may have nothing to do with the servo, but its the steering switch in the radio.
Plus the fact that the front axle is locked will make it turn really wide also

A set of CVD axle shafts in the front axle will help it steer slightly tighter.

As far as suspension, There are a few different ways to set it up. Do a little research on this, most guys run four link front and rear and Axial comp shocks, Losi 4" crawler shocks, or Big bores....then the springs and shock oil are something that you would need to figure out what works best for you.

bro_die 11-21-2010 08:26 AM

Thanks for the reply. Yes im using stock radio and also BLKXJ waht radio do you guys recommend something that wont tear a hole in my pocket but at the same time can do the job.

BLKXJ 96 11-21-2010 06:26 PM

I run a Futaba 3PM-mx 2.4Ghz. It's about the best bang for your buck radio, 3 channels, saves presets up to 10 vehicles, and has tons of features. I paid about $280 for mine, but this one radio runs my AX-10 comp rig, my slash, and my scx-10 scaler. There are less expensive radios out there but I would rather spend the money now, and get a radio that will do the job now rathrer than get a cheaper radio and want to upgrade again later.

If I did it over again I would have got a Futaba 4PK, being the fact that im really into RC...At the time this is the radio everyone recommended and its great....now I see what all the big shooters are using a 4PK, and I want to upgrade again.....LOL it never ends :mrgreen:

bigheadandmoose 11-21-2010 08:59 PM

If your only gonna run 1 truck then get yourself a DX3E for around $99 at your local hobby shop "thumbsup"

Onebdgti 11-22-2010 04:47 AM

If you are using the stock radio just take tbe wheel off of it. Once you get the wheel off you will see that there are some factory bump stops on the radio. Just trim those back a little maybe 1/8" on each side and that will help you without spending any money.

bro_die 11-25-2010 05:49 AM

Wow thanks for those comments and help guys. I want to get a radio that can control all my rcs I have about 7 so that futuba one will do great BUT if I want to use one jsut for this crawler and save money (for now) ill think about taht DX3E also thanks for that trick will try it out.

Aggie01 11-25-2010 10:15 AM

I paid $150 for my Futaba 3PM-MX. I got it from Amain Hobbies I think. It is a better buy than the Spectrum since it's 3 channel. That way when you get ready you can run a dig unit.

obebaldone1 11-25-2010 10:44 AM

Look at the for sale section and you can get a good deal on a radio.I think there is a dx3e for $80 on now.For Sale section is a money saver.

romulus22 11-25-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian3323 (Post 2760633)
I paid $150 for my Futaba 3PM-MX. I got it from Amain Hobbies I think. It is a better buy than the Spectrum since it's 3 channel. That way when you get ready you can run a dig unit.

The spectrum DX3E is a 3pos 3ch radio.

version_three 11-25-2010 06:27 PM

Ther DX3E is a nice entry-level 3ch tx, but I understand it's tricky to make it work with muliple rigs - only 1 model memory, but can be bound to multiple RXs, you just have to adjust the EPAs and trim whenever you switch rigs.

As for the steering issue, i'd make sure that the servo horn is on straight. Take the horn off, center your steering trim, turn everything on, then put the horn back on so it's as straight as possible.

bro_die 11-25-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obebaldone1 (Post 2760680)
Look at the for sale section and you can get a good deal on a radio.I think there is a dx3e for $80 on now.For Sale section is a money saver.

where can I find this at I think ive decided to try this radio out do they also offer some recievers for it? Link please i tried finding it but cant seem to find it at all.

obebaldone1 11-25-2010 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bro_die (Post 2761218)
where can I find this at I think ive decided to try this radio out do they also offer some recievers for it? Link please i tried finding it but cant seem to find it at all.

You will have to purchase a green star to be able to view the for sale section.

obebaldone1 11-25-2010 07:16 PM

You can go to your home page and scroll down to the bottom left it says paid subscription.It will tell you all about it.

DioptricStraw 11-26-2010 07:52 PM

I run a DX3E on one rig and a Futaba 3PL on the other. i prefer the 3PL for controls but wish it had a 3pos aux channel/be able to turn the 4ws mixing on and off on the fly.
best bang for your buck, go with the DX3E.

machr04 11-26-2010 11:32 PM

dx3e

modt of the online hobby shops have the dx3e. i see the ads allover in rc car action etc.. you can also go to the spektrum rc web site

truckertommy4 11-27-2010 05:27 PM

dx3e is a very nice radio no model memory but i use it with 3 different rigs and works great with all

bro_die 11-28-2010 02:11 AM

Thanks all for the replies and help. I figured found a solution to the problem. I remember I had an extra towerpro MG995 servo hokked it on and then took a nice servo horn made sure it straight screwed it on the lower hole and took out thos screws that secures the link to the wheel took a longer bolt and then secured it with a nut and then BAM nice a tight steering. Now when steering both left and right the wheel actually hits the shocks.