Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: ax10 4link

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Question ax10 4link

i made a 4 link set up for the rear axel works good but have noticed pic of 4link mounted on top of axel or left on top right on bottom some low on plate i mounted mine so they are level when rig is sitting
no1970ax1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

When you see pics of one on top and one on the bottom of the plate it's to try and reduce torque twist.

If they are both on top it is more likely due to trying to improve the squat/anti-squat. And possibly some TT as well.

If you search for Torque twist and anti-squat you'll find a lot more info on it.
flowingmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I installed an STRC battery/servo/4link plate on my rear axle today, I mounted the links under the plate because over gave me bad pinion angle.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:26 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMGREG View Post
I installed an STRC battery/servo/4link plate on my rear axle today, I mounted the links under the plate because over gave me bad pinion angle.
The lower links set the width of the axles and the upper links set the pinion angle. You can adjust your pinion angle by lengthening or shortening your upper links. So when you change the height of the link you'll also need to change the length.
flowingmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #5

What length upper links are u running with the st plate? I'm interested in getting one but don't know what size post to buy and did the plate come with screws for mounting the links?
aej_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:43 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I installed it while swapping in the Axial aluminum link kit, I just used the uppers in the kit (55mm) and put 2 link ends on rather than the Y. The plate kit has the plate, 2 aluminum stand offs and 2 screws to mount it through the stand offs on the outer axle bolt points. It also contains a short link for the steering if you are using the plate to reposition the servo. I added a screw in the middle to make it more stable of a mount, and had to add 2 bolts for the link end mounts.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote