Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: 4 link upper post

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 12:08 PM   #1

Default 4 link upper post

I'm about to order 4 link plates for the front and rear, but idk what axial post length I need for the upper links. What length is everyone running and does anyone know of a site selling a hardware kit that includes the screws, nuts, and rod ends for the 4 link upgrade? Thanks
aej_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I have one of these on the rear of my ax10

http://www.tcscrawlers.com/On-Sale-3...g-p-17282.html

It works great and comes with the hardware and some extras.

for the front you could use an axial benders customs swx 4 link plate.
DioptricStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #3

Default D link

Contact Juan and see if any DUDE D links are avialable it will not only give you a four link rear it it very adjustable and will great stabilize the rear, if you haven't already you should out board your shocks !
nutoscaln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:34 PM   #4

I'm gonna go with the st racing 4 link plates. Did every other guy on this site running a 4 link plate on the front and back use the stock length post that comes in the aluminum colored upgrade kits? And just removed the Y and put on ball ends that were extras?
aej_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:47 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by aej_27 View Post
I'm gonna go with the st racing 4 link plates. Did every other guy on this site running a 4 link plate on the front and back use the stock length post that comes in the aluminum colored upgrade kits? And just removed the Y and put on ball ends that were extras?
What I did, see my answer in the other post.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

What chassis are you running? That makes a big of difference. Everyone will have different length uppers depending on their chassis and set up. When I had a stock chassis I used the same length as the chassis cross bars at the top. But the four link plates you are using are also different than what I use. So, there is no way for anyone to really answer your question.

Your best bet is to get some aluminum pipe or delrin rod and make your own links. I use delrin lower links, and delrin uppers in the rear. I use aluminum for my front uppers. Do your research on link geo and anti squat tunning. Once you know how you want to run your links you can figure out what length.
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I use 60mm posts up top but have the moved back a hole on my chassis to make up for the extra 5mm added compared to the original 55mm. I had bought half a truck so some stuff wasn't included including upper links, so after I bought the links I also bought the RTR linkage upgrade which gave me all the link ends, balls, long set screws for the links, and a few other spares like body posts ect...
cagedcbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:48 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

the tcs 4 link upper plate comes with all hardware and uses stock upper links, its like $7 on the website now, i just ordered 2 more.
Stangrocka is offline   Reply With Quote