RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Axial AX-10 Scorpion (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/)
-   -   New chassis need help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-ax-10-scorpion/284887-new-chassis-need-help.html)

goldsnake 12-06-2010 05:43 PM

New chassis need help

Hello everybody.
I have a ax10 RTC and after some option, i fund the horrible flex of the stock chassis.
Is there someone who once compared the attachment points(links and shocks) between the ax10 RTC chassis and the competition chassis and tuber?
If yes, tell me what is the differences.
I want to make a frame and I need to know the pattern(position) of attachment points on the chassis.
I will use stock links.
Thank you for your help.

PS sorry for my english, i just speak french.

Clod Killer 12-06-2010 06:40 PM

well when i made mine i mached the link mounts on my stock chassis to my tuber and everything mached up and works good the shocks you can move around to adjust your ride hight and flex and so on i would look at other peoples rigs to see how u would want ur rig to handle

bubbaskyjacker 12-06-2010 06:46 PM

search! and look around there is a ton of info on aftermarket chassis. custom chassis will need custom links because position and geometry will be different. dont expect bolt up."thumbsup"

Clod Killer 12-06-2010 06:50 PM

not if u build it right i use stock links on my costum chassis

bubbaskyjacker 12-06-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clod Killer (Post 2781542)
not if u build it right i use stock links on my costum chassis

sure, "thumbsup" i could have used my stock links on my new chassis and then it would have been 13.5 inches long, and pinion angles would be out of wack

any quality chassis is gonna need new length links, underground, Bender swx, gatekeeper, the list can go on.

very few might work. but its counter productive if the geometry's are the same.

take MY advice and look at all the good builds on here they make custom links and mods to get it right.

PS. Milpitas smells :flipoff: and the Great Mall sucks :)

Greatscott 12-06-2010 08:01 PM

The stock chassis has plenty of flex, your problem lines in your 3-link and your shocks.

goldsnake 12-06-2010 08:32 PM

I have 4 link front and rear from TCS
color kit for all aluminium links
split batterie for front diff.
Tony screw for best screw.

Next step will be a tuber, but for this upgrade, i need help.

nutoscaln 12-07-2010 12:14 AM

color kit?

if a color kit is an upgrade your not looking at this correctly, it is more about the function than looks:mrgreen:

Start by deciding what kind of rig yoru building if it is for comping garab a beer and read the rules they are very specific on wheel base, etc.

If it is a backyard crawler, search tuber and you will find some very cool ones, if your more about look than function consider a scaler, but careful going that route there are so many KICK A$$ builds newbs like us stick out like sore thumbs!!!!!
"thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

goldsnake 12-07-2010 04:46 AM

For your information, on stock RTC link, it's impossible to put 4 link.
Then to upgrade to 4 link setup you need some links.
In the color kit you have all link need to put 4 link setup.
Thanks.