Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: dstrbd1's UGC F4/Fastback Evolution

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 09:07 PM   #21
RCC Addict

you broke the shaft and not the pin ? that sucks just use the money for a moa or a scaler
Flyin Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Yeah I plan on only ordering the 300's if the dogbones break before I get around to building an MOA. I will be off on another trip soon so shouldn't be too long. Ordered a VP dig for the Axial and just gonna practice with it til then.
dstrbd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:34 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

So I picked up an FF4 Chassis the other day, figured I would give the 60/40 setup a chance. The plan is to leave the F4 a sporty and put the bug back on it.

Lower links done. Fronts 4 1/4" Rears 5 1/16" (Figured they worked well for DickyT)

Last edited by dstrbd1; 12-31-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:39 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Finally DIG!!!

I went ahead and cleaned the motor and tranny while I had it apart.

Vanquish Hurtz dig with hitec 645mg servo

Fastback plates mounted

Last edited by dstrbd1; 12-31-2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:09 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Mailman left these for me while I was home with the family for X-mas.

I really liked the strength of the Gunnar toobs but not the weight they added. The plan is to build a new rear axle without the tubes and leave the tubes in the front, but remove weights from the wheels. (Hope that made since. It did in my head).

Also I wasn't real impressed with the STRC Aluminum C's. The mount holes are slotted so all they did was move in and out as the servo pushed on them, no matter how tight they were. I went ahead and ordered some clockable Axial C's to replace them with.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:57 AM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstrbd1 View Post
Also I wasn't real impressed with the STRC Aluminum C's. The mount holes are slotted so all they did was move in and out as the servo pushed on them, no matter how tight they were.
What steering servo are you running? With my 7955, I had that problem with my STRC Cs before I installed toobs, but now they don't budge at all no matter what kind of bind I get it in.
version_three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Running 7950 at 6.4v. Last time I took it out I used blue locktite, tightened them way down, and even stuffed some solder in the slott before I tightened the screw. All it did was make solder pancakes.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:42 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Finally got it all buttoned up today. Got a chance to go out and crawl a bit today with Tom (Tomcat18t). I have to admit I LOVE the new setup. Especially with the dig. The chassis performed far better than I expected. Just wished we had just a bit more sunlight.

Sorry about the pics. I get so caught up I forget about the camera.

Old 01-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #29
I wanna be Dave

How did I completely miss this thread. The build looks great! nice pics of you and TOMCAT hittin' the rocks!
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Thats funny...I didnt even realize you were taking pics!

The rig is coming along quite nicely...and I must say it feels very dialed in. It was cool seeing your face after pulling lines you thought were impossible... but I think I need to stop giving you tips now before you start outdriving me.

Great job Trent...keep it up.

-
TOMCAT18T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickyT View Post
How did I completely miss this thread. The build looks great! nice pics of you and TOMCAT hittin' the rocks!
Thanks!! I couldn't tell you how many times I have read your buildup studying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMCAT18T View Post
Thats funny...I didnt even realize you were taking pics!

The rig is coming along quite nicely...and I must say it feels very dialed in. It was cool seeing your face after pulling lines you thought were impossible... but I think I need to stop giving you tips now before you start outdriving me.

Great job Trent...keep it up.

-
I got a long way to go Tom but I do appreciate the help thats for sure.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #32
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstrbd1 View Post
I really liked the strength of the Gunnar toobs but not the weight they added. The plan is to build a new rear axle without the tubes and leave the tubes in the front, but remove weights from the wheels. (Hope that made since. It did in my head).

That is funny....seeing as how the toobs only add 1.5 oz to each axle. But, IMO, it is not really needed to beef up the rear...unless you are mean to your rig.
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
That is funny....seeing as how the toobs only add 1.5 oz to each axle. But, IMO, it is not really needed to beef up the rear...unless you are mean to your rig.
Some of us like in light on the rear. That extra 1.5 oz was a no no for me. Fronts are a different, the toobs rock!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

I'm with Dicky. Also with the addition of the dig to get my weight bias correct I would of had to add additional weight to the front. By adding 1.5 to the rear you have to add at least 1.5 to the front. So in all reality you are adding at least 3oz to the total weight of the rig to keep the front to rear weight bias.

I am by no means dissing the product. I love the product. In effort to save weight I have to sacrifice strength. I am sure the other toobs will find their way into a scaler I hope to build one day.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #35
Tossin' Salad

I definitely understand both points of view....for me, I dont weight the wheels for my every day setup, and am pretty successful with mine, but I am also obsessive compulsive. If I have a tattoo on my right arm, I must get one on my left arm too. So, it goes without saying that if I have the toobs in front, I cannot sleep if I do not do the rear as well.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:13 PM   #36
RCC Addict

lookin good man... few more days and I should get mine done too!
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:40 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipeDreams View Post
lookin good man... few more days and I should get mine done too!
Yours too. I've read through it a couple times.

I've also had Michelle working on some skins for me. My original order was for a controller wrap but I liked it so I much I decided to have the fastback matched to it. She definitly does great work.

Here is the fastback panel draft. The final draft will not have the bio symbol on the roof. I thought that made it a bit too busy.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:45 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Love the skins
Old 01-04-2011, 11:46 PM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
I definitely understand both points of view....for me, I dont weight the wheels for my every day setup, and am pretty successful with mine, but I am also obsessive compulsive. If I have a tattoo on my right arm, I must get one on my left arm too. So, it goes without saying that if I have the toobs in front, I cannot sleep if I do not do the rear as well.
Trust me I understand, that's why I originally put them front and rear. I had a hard time talking myself into removing the rear ones. Just like I know the DH wheels are heavy but I still had to have matching wheels in the back.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:46 PM   #40
Tossin' Salad

Sweet skins.

Casey