Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: WHAT should i do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #1

Question WHAT should i do?

I just bought an ax10, i want to customize it but don't know what i should start with. I noticed there are diff sizes for linkage's and such, does it matter what i get or will they all just bolt right up.

I'm going to get a cage, but ones id like are all out of stock, I only found 2 diff ones, are there others?, also am i able to get the linkage's and Y arms and such i want and still be able to hook it up to the stock frame and then later onto the cage? Also, for the cage do i have to relocate servos and such to a diff platform and put it else where or can i use same plat forms and just relocate position.

The color code id like to do is, red & black, if anybody has suggestions on what to get and where, possibly all from the same site. I have a few sites saved but if there are others out there that you can suggest, that would be awesome.

I maybe a noob on this but id rather ask the right questions before doing something wrong and screwing up my machine.

Last edited by cFair; 12-16-2010 at 09:05 PM.
cFair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Dude read the stickies at the top of this section!
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
Suck it up!

The first thing I'd do is change the text color back to the default. Red is hard to read and annoying. Nobody is going to help if they can't read what you've written.

Second, take some time and look around at what people are using for parts and where they are getting them. Pretty is not always functional. If you want a shiny shelf queen, then buy whatever catches your eye. If you want a crawler that performs, take some time to study up before you make your shopping list.

Third, drive the piss out of it starting now. Upgrades and custom parts won't amount to anything if you don't know how to use them.

Now go grasshoppa, be like the wind and read...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
.....drive the piss out of it starting now. Upgrades and custom parts won't amount to anything if you don't know how to use them.
The Duuuuuuuude speaks the truth! This question gets asked a lot...usually by someone who has just bought their AX-10. Drive it until you wear the tires out, and keep reading. By the time you need new rubber, the obvious upgrades will be very.....well....obvious

And welcome to RCC!
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Ditto with Duuuuuuuude.

I've been an owner and living room crawler for a few months (busy schedule) and in the past month have been getting back into it and reading. Here's a good thread that discusses mods/order. what's the best order to do mods?

Mostly you gotta know the truck first.

As far as cages-the TCS edge/eclipse. I lucked out and got an edge chassis for cheap in the classifieds. Finishing up my stampede build before I do the ax10 build but will post pics in my thread for sure along with the 4 pt setup that's arriving later this week. I'm still learning what to do and how to do it but that's part of the fun.
OxInYourBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Also you might try NOT asking the same question in multiple sections of the forum, usually will get you some serious flame burn.
GRIMGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Oh and pay attention to how many post the people giving you advise have under their names and their reputations. I would listen to the guys that have been hear for a while and have more than 17 or 20 posts!
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #8
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian3323 View Post
Oh and pay attention to how many post the people giving you advise have under their names and their reputations. I would listen to the guys that have been hear for a while and have more than 17 or 20 posts!
Quantity does not always equal quality. Just because you're chatty doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:14 PM   #9
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Quantity does not always equal quality. Just because you're chatty doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.
That's true......Duuuuuuuude's other 3,105 posts are, "Nice Truck".

C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #10
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
That's true......Duuuuuuuude's other 3,105 posts are, "Nice Truck".

Shut up. Noob.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #11
Try to Bend it

Read until your eyes bleed. then once you cant see buy yourself a text to voice converter and read some more. All the information you seek is at a mouse click away you just have to find it. Like others have said read the stickies at the top of this forum there is a wealth of knowledge up there. Also have a look at some peoples build threads, you will get plenty of ideas from them a lot will be very different to how you imagine a crawler can look.

On the cage idea beware they can add a lot of unwanted weight to a rig and create a bad COG (center of gravity). perhaps have a look at some of the bodiless chassis that are now available for the AX-10.

Good luck...go forth and crawl.
Highlucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:45 AM   #12

thank you all for your posts and help.
cFair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:09 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:

Nice avatar!! Lol....... oh and true quote as well
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote