Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial AX-10 Scorpion

Notices

Thread: help beat berg enroute

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Improving your scorpion, and practice, practice, practice, and not just at the same spot on the same lines, change it up and look for harder stuff to climb and always set up gates when you practice. You can fun crawl all you want but till you put those gates there and a stop watch, it is just fun crawlin. So good luck and happy crawlin and do not give up
rockpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2010, 11:22 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Winning is a great goal for many of us including shafty drivers. The more capable foes like the Berg, XR-10 or any other MOA are special targets.
I live at the local level and finishing well can be done on a regular basis.
The frequency rate is much lower for shafties than it is for MOA's beating shafties, that just goes with the territory.
I've been improving my shafty comp rig for over five years and I actually have no intension for getting a MOA right now.
Here's my reasoning for the club level I have a great truck and it's inexpensive to operate.
I put a few hundred dollars a year in my equipment and upgrades, then drive the crap out of it. Usually beating a few MOAs at every comp in the process.
If your planning on competing at a National level then it gets much more difficult.
First of all you need tons of driver experience this is a hobby/sport were you never can never get enough wheel time.
All the top competitors are also running the latest and best equipment available with years of experience behind it.

If your goal is heading to the next Nats you'll need all the help you can get so get ready to spend lots of treasure and thats no guarantee you'll finish any where near the podium.

If your a club guy enjoy the hobby do your best make friends and give your ego a rest, life is good and very affordable. This is were most of us live.

If your focused on winning a National event just sell your shafty right now and work on those driving skills and equipment because you will need the whole package and then some.
Well said Norm
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Just buy an XR10
Robbs2001tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:45 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Winning is a great goal for many of us including shafty drivers. The more capable foes like the Berg, XR-10 or any other MOA are special targets.
I live at the local level and finishing well can be done on a regular basis.
The frequency rate is much lower for shafties than it is for MOA's beating shafties, that just goes with the territory.
I've been improving my shafty comp rig for over five years and I actually have no intension for getting a MOA right now.
Here's my reasoning for the club level I have a great truck and it's inexpensive to operate.
I put a few hundred dollars a year in my equipment and upgrades, then drive the crap out of it. Usually beating a few MOAs at every comp in the process.
If your planning on competing at a National level then it gets much more difficult.
First of all you need tons of driver experience this is a hobby/sport were you never can never get enough wheel time.
All the top competitors are also running the latest and best equipment available with years of experience behind it.

If your goal is heading to the next Nats you'll need all the help you can get so get ready to spend lots of treasure and thats no guarantee you'll finish any where near the podium.

If your a club guy enjoy the hobby do your best make friends and give your ego a rest, life is good and very affordable. This is were most of us live.

If your focused on winning a National event just sell your shafty right now and work on those driving skills and equipment because you will need the whole package and then some.
well you cant do this with a shafty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tts_Vgq-3as
richardgarrett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

thanks for all the encouragement. i live at local level too not even club level dont think theres a norther az club just like 6 guy crawln.thanks for coment about gates an time keepnthat would be more competitive an fun
no1970ax1o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:22 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

well all i can say is berg just join us an u will see it is alot of drivin but a good truck helps . if u insest on running a shafty then get the gc3 an drive every chance u can a lurn what the truck will do an when it will do it an that will help u out a ton if u no what an when your rig is going to responed to what u are putting it threw
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote